Tuesday, March 25, 2008

book club

book club...also known as my favorite night of the month. Last night the book we reviewed was tiffany's choice and she actually chose one that was part of a trilogy so we read all three. The books were; The Thief, The Queen of Atollia, and the King of Atollia by Megan Whalen Turner. They were all very good...although thankfully all three are written so I didn't have to wait for the third to come out. We met at Mimi's Cafe. Ohhh there is almost nothing better than eating out with some girlfriends on a weeknight. Tiff had a volleyball game before the meeting, which is funny to me...I can't imagine having some sort of sporting event to play in. It was a great night. So fun.
I don't know why I look so weird in these pictures...I promise I was having more fun then it looks. I think I was stressed at someone trying to figure out how to use Cortney's Camera. People never know to look through the eye hole...they are looking on the screen...and don't know what to do when no picture shows up.



It was so fun, I laughed so hard.

Then this morning I woke up and headed to the library. I love going there. I adore books. I got a whole bunch of books but, I had to pick quickly because Rob kept running away and throwing books on the floor. (this was after we had attended story time...which Rob loved and Oli hated...he thought it was boring) Then we rode the elevator upstairs. Rob pushed the emergency call button. I really thought nothing of it but when I got to the counter to check out my book someone that worked at the library was just running back from the elevator, and she said "no it wasn't someone in trouble...no one was in there). Oops. I guess I should have waited for them to ask if we were okay.

10 comments:

Samantha said...

ha ha- I called you during both the book club AND the library. Would you recommend the books?

ashleyboice said...

yeah...I recommend them. They were all very good.

luke & misty meldrum family said...

So fun to see the Earl girls and the Merrell girls! Looks like you had a lot of fun. Tell everyone hi!! I love your blog, yours is one of the first ones I check!! Misty

mumovearls said...

how fun! I'm jealous that you have time for reading! I swear if I sit down with a book my kids run crazy and start doing the most random things-n

ashleyboice said...

the reason I have time for reading is I don't craft, scrapbook, or really have any hobbies. Reading is my main hobby...hahaaa.

amber said...

I'm soo sad I can't come, I just sat home and ate leftovers that night, pretty depressing.

Scott & Tami said...

Holy cow, I haven't seen Tiffany in forever...I even went to her blog and didn't find any photos...she look great....everyone does. That's fun to hook up every month...although I can't relate to reading books...I wish I loved it, but I hate it...more power to you girlie!!

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Looks like fun.LOVE MOM

Kim said...

I think I'm going to make reading my only hobby, too. Because it's the only thing I actually stick with!

FiddleWiz said...

You look gorgeous in those pictures, Ash!! I love reading, it is so relaxing and fulfilling all at once. And YES there is nothing like a girls night out!! I had a "pity party" with a bunch of my girlfriends one night (we were protesting the Sweethearts dance) and watched a chick flick, cried in the sad parts, and ate ice cream from the little cartons.... hehehehe I love girls nights. :) And it was good seeing you at the broadcast tonight!!