Saturday, March 15, 2008

Finally...a fun Saturday.

For forever we have had a whole bunch of stuff going on on the weekend.  So we couldn't have a fun day just being together.  Well this weekend we really should have worked on the basement all day but...Cort was super wiped from work this week.  

I woke up for a stake camp meeting at 9:00.  Ayeyeyeye....Camp is coming.  I don't know if I am ready for it.  But the meeting was fun...YUMMY breakfast was served.  For me that makes something sooo worthwhile.  

Before I start on the day...here are some pictures of my kids on Friday.  We do a lot of dancing here at my house.  Both of my kids think they are so good.  

Notice their hair...Oli went to the bathroom and spiked up both of their hair.  So they could be cool dancers.  My kids REALLY need a haircut.  oye.  
Rob just showing me his cool moves.



Then this morning while I was at the meeting Cortney took some pictures of them.  
oh oli
And a super smiley picture of Rob...very rare. 

So once I got home from my meeting I begged Cortney to forsake the basement and take me to IKEA (i had a return  to make).  I love IKEA...free diapers in the bathroom in case you forget one (which I always do), a wonderful family bathroom, baby food for sale, free baby sitting.  The list goes on really.  We dropped Oliver off at the play zone.  Hooked Robbie up with a spongebob episode on my ipod...and it was like Cortney and I were all alone.  Then we finished the visit off with lunch in the Ikea Restaurant...we ordered two kids orders of meatballs, Apple glazed salmon for me (with root vegetables I had never even seen), and Pasta and meatballs for Cort.   

Then on the way home we realized we had missed Rob's nap so we thought...we might as well stop at Cabela's.  Also a much loved place.  
Rob was freaking out over the fish.  At first he was really scared but then he was screaming...girl screaming at every fish that swam by.  Of course as per usual when the camera came out he put on this face. 
Oli of course loved it too. 
Then we had some father son bonding in the shooting galley.  
I love this one...how cute.  When we took Rob in he freaked.  He wanted to GET OUT.  
He ran out of the shooting place and hid by some furniture...with this scared look on his face.  I guess he and I will be the anti gunners in our house. 
Then we went and looked at the toys.  (i thought I would never get him out of the candy shop)

The three of us looking at the wildlife display. There are two stuffed lions trying to take down some kinda gazelle type thing and Rob kept saying..."they fightin...they fightin with me".  Man...I will never have a blonde child.  
The typical look I get when I try to get a kiss from my little boys.  

Then tonight we took a "family walk".  Because I actually needed to tape the enrichment reminders to doors in our neighborhood.  IT WAS FREEZING...and snowing.  Wow.  A great day...and one of my kids is in bed, YEAH!

7 comments:

Samantha said...

Wow, you are having lots of good days in a row. that's nice.

ashleyboice said...

I thought the same thing sam. lucky me.

amber said...

Ash you look so hot in those pictures, so jealous! I can't wait to go to Ikea, that place is totally calling my name.

mumovearls said...

Wow Have I been missing something Ikea has all that! I'm coming to Utah! Oh baby! -n

It's so nice to take a Saturday off every once in awhile! thats what I did It was great! -n

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

GREAT DAY GREAT PICTURES LOVE MOM

Alisha Marlatt said...

My girls LOVE cabella's too! If we need to get the girls out and don't want to go to the park Cabella's is always a good stopping place. We always have so much fun!

vjc said...

I am still chuckling, a great post Ashley.