Monday, March 24, 2008

my hick

Cortney grew up in Rexburg Idaho. And for those of you that have been to Rexburg know that there are "hicks" that live there. I looked up the definition for hic in the Urban Dictionary...the definition is as follows:


A red neck type of person. Not trailer trash, but farmer cowboy red neck. Usually of lower intelligence, has long bull horns on front of dualies truck and a rifle rack in the window. Common among rural praire areas, ie Saskatchewan.




I thought this definition was really funny. Anyways. He spent his whole life being the opposite of a hick. He was feuding with them his whole life. He was a cool skater kid. And now, that we have moved. He has changed. Now don't get me wrong...every once in a while I see that cool kid I met on a cold night at craigos...but it isn't very often. Now a days he wears camo, carhartts, boots, long johns, fishes, hunts, talks about wheels and all other sorts of hic behavior. My most recent proof...this weekend he went to the jeep safari in Moab. Here are some choice pictures.

Cortney...country roads.
It amazes me that people go to watch this.
This one is pretty self explanatory


Just a cool shot of A LOT of jeeps.


Cortney really wanted to get pictures of the sweet people that were there...I only choose a couple of the pictures because...its late.
Sweet.

A friend from our ward, Jory came along on the trip....last minute. I was so glad that Cortney had someone to come along with him. Cortney had a great time with him, and was really glad he was there. (his wife is in YW's with me and I adore her...)

Here they are at their campsite.


Cortney in Samurai heaven. He said his samurai did SOO good.


One thing broke (he told me but it was just a bunch of car mumbo jumbo to me) and here he is fixing it...pretty hot huh?


Another one of him fixing it...this is probably the first trip cort has been on where he is in the pictures.




and of course they ended the weekend with a ticket for parking 10 feet from where they were supposed to. GREAT.

He said it was one of the funnest things he has ever done. I am happy he got to go and glad Jory went with him instead of me and the boys. No offense cort. I love to go ANYWHERE with you but I am not a fan of crazy driving over steep cliffs.

9 comments:

Kacey Nielsen said...

I am now thinking I really need to have a catchy phrase tattooed on the back of my neck cause thats pretty awesome... not weird at all :)

Allison said...

Aaron did a Hummer trip with Hummer friends two years ago and I was SO glad I didn't go! The crazy driving, scary situations, camping and no toilets....NOT my idea of a lot of fun! I did make him take our two oldest boys, who DID love it, so I got a few days with just me and the baby! Now he can take all three.....the joys of having boys!!

ashleyboice said...

I cannot cannot wait until cort can take the boys on these kinds of expeditions. He thought of taking Oli but he doesn't have a roll cage...pretty essential when jeeping with children. :)

mumovearls said...

Uhmm... Crazy I'm cracking up at the hic thing... Manly Men are Hot though!-n

Camille said...

Tell Cortney that my memory still sees him as the anti'hick "cool skater boy" my roomie was dating. HOWEVER, I love that he has a little hick in him like the rest of us former "locals"

Samantha said...

Man Cort is so cool. I love thinking about how happy he must've been because super happy cortney is funny cortney to me.

Heather said...

Ashy, tell my hick brother that I always knew he had it in him. The cool skater/boarder boy was just a cover up so you would marry him. He actually "lived in a van down by the river" for quite some time. TOTALLY SWEET DUDE! I LOVED GOING THERE IN OUR JEEP. INVITE ME AND BRI NEXT TIME.......I will need to sup up the 1988 van so it will make it up some of those serious craters. P.S. Brian thinks you are KING of hicks, you even beat your brother Shawn.
LOVE,
HDW

mumovearls said...

Cort, I'm hurt'n' like a three-legged dog trying to pee on a iced over pond. As a former owner of two Land Cruisers I would have expected an invite. I'm weep'ng with the coyotes. Looks like fun. R Lee Simple

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

I can dig it but no tattoes on the back of the neck of my grandkids ok?