Saturday, March 08, 2008

saturday is a special day

So today Cortney and I got up bright and early (okay...okay, we actually slept in pretty late) and got started working on the basement.  I feel pretty overwhelmed.  But slowly and surely we are getting it done.  Cortney ran to the Home Depot while I cleaned up the room.  He got home with 36 pieces of sheetrock...and I thought "oh I can help him take these in...there are only 36" Haha.  They were sooo heavy.  I helped carry in two packs of two.  And I was done.  My boney little arms couldn't handle it.  So I called over a neighbor to come help.  He really was a life saver.  We were planning to go on a date tonight (i watched Cali's kids last night so she was watching mine tonight) By the time we got all of the stuff down stairs it was probably around 4:00 and by the time we were ready to start hanging the drywall it was even later.  Before we had really gotten anything done the day was over.  It was pretty frustrating...I didn't want to stop and go out just when we were getting started but we were both way too tired to keep going.   We are half way done sheetrocking the ceiling though...and now that we know what we are doing...it should go a lot faster.  I will be SOOO happy when this room is done.  
It was nice to go out to dinner with Cortney.  We both feel like we might be getting the flu though...I hope not.   

Here are some pictures of the basement from this morning before we started with the sheetrock.  They are taken from opposite ends of the room.  So the second picture Cortney took from one of the doors you see in this picture...

In this picture you can see where the old wall used to be separating a bedroom from a storage room.  We knocked that wall out to make a big multipurpose room.  Probably a toy/tv room.  We will see.  The big closet is calling my name, since the one in our room is TINY.   So maybe we will move our bed down and use this as our room.  
basically what you see is what you get.  Can't wait for it to be finished.  (you all should have seen me holding that drywall up on the ceiling.  Ohhh it was so hard!  I called home depot and to rent the lift is only 22 dollars, which would be well worth it, even for only 7 pieces of drywall. 

6 comments:

Samantha said...

I don't know how you know how to do that.

Jared said...

That's looking sweet. I'm sure you'll be loving that extra room. I think if I were rich and had more time, I'd love doing projects like that...they can be a lot of fun when you've got the time but a real pain in the arse when you are busy, as I'm sure you guys are. LOL Love you guys, hope we see you soon.

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

thanks for the pics LOVE MOM

mumovearls said...

This is going to be awesome when youre finished! I can just see you trying to lug all that dry wall -it is heavy! poor girl-nena

tiff said...

call us and we (meaning todd) would love to help.

lanita said...

Sam and I are both so inept at this kind of thing. Good for you guys!