Thursday, November 15, 2007

i can see clearly now

phewwww. The stress has lifted. I have done most of the things I needed to do. Almost all of my packing is done. Yeah. Tonight I will clean clean. So the house will be spotless when we leave. Then on Friday my sister in law Nicole (she has a new hair blog and it is delicious) is coming to Utah for a "hair weekend" she is a beautician (man I don't really know what they call hair cutter people these days) and she will be cutting my hair tomorrow. Man I am so excited. I am almost as excited as I am for the trip. I love getting my hair cut. But I haven't in forever. And...my hair is on strike. Do you ever have your hair refuse to do anything...because it has been to long since you've had it cut?? Anyways...I am so glad she is coming down before my trip...it is really convenient. She is also bringing with her my mother in law's camera. Roberta called after I posted about not having the camera and she said she would send hers down. It is like the nicest thing ever to do for us. Cortney is so happy. She originally said she would meet us half way to Rexburg with the camera. How nice is that??

Cortney is still sick. We are trying hard to get him better. He is laying in bed right now. The hardest part of him being sick right now...is he has a pretty physically demanding job. And he is about to be gone for 17 days. Last year they finished getting the course ready for winter like the day before thanksgiving. This year they knew Cortney would be leaving so they have been working like madmen....trying to get everything fertilized, aerated, fungisized (sp???) and all sorts of other things that I don't know about. So even when he is sick he has to go work outside in the freezing cold doing hard work. I can tell he will be better in the next couple of days though. (fingers crossed)

Cortney gets sick. I don't know if it is because his spleen doesn't work (it has a lot to do with the immune system...i guess). He got pneumonia when he was little and he gets it a lot now. If we don't get him better that is usually where it goes.

The first time Cortney and I kissed I was at his house watching a movie. All of the sudden he was shaking uncontrollably and so pale. He took me home and could barely walk. Then he didn't call me for over a week. You can imagine how this made me feel. I thought...."well I'll never see him again". Of course I would have never called him...I didn't do that then. So I just chalked it up as a one time hookup. Then about a week and a half later he stopped by my apartment, wondering if I would come to Craigo's with him to get some choco stix. He had an IV needle in his arm. He had been so sick with pneumonia that he had to go to the hospital. And he had to have an IV everyday. It was crazy. That is Cort. Every winter he gets super sick. Two years ago we took him to get a flu shot and a pneumonia shot. One of the two shots made his arm black and blue and he was SOOOO sick for a couple of weeks. He was so bad his friends from work had to come and give him a blessing. So because of that we haven't been brave enough to get another immunization. He is getting better though. I think we caught it soon enough. In the meantime...I have to try my hardest to be nice and cheesy and take care of him. Poor baby.

6 comments:

Angie said...

poor cort. that sucks. hope you get better.

Samantha said...

that is so awesome about the camara. you guys must feel so much better. except for cort being sick. that does suck. I hope he gets better before your trip so you can truely enjoy the time away from kids.

Samantha said...

ash i just read nicole's entire blog and I am so jealous. I really want to get my hair done with you and cali!

Whitney Amelia said...

i am so completely envious you are leaving for vacation to a gorgeous warm place without your kids! good for you guys! cort i really hope you start feeling better..that is sucky. u need to get you started on olive leaf extract and some other herb stuff and you will feel so much better and probably not get sick for a long time. also shots of oil of oregano really help. thats a bummer about your camera too. Mom is the sweetest lady around...how kind of her, cant wait to see the pics!
Well i hope ya'll have a blast! safe travels and cant wait to hear how it went.
peices.w.

Rochelle said...

Ok you guys, I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. Oh. Maybe it's because I am a slacker and don't really do anything but slack around these days. Anyway.....I am sorry Cortney is sick. Bless his heart. I hope he feels better! And have a GREAT trip. I am soooooo insanely jealous that you get to leave your kids for that long. Tyler works out of town so its just me and the girls and the past two weeks have been ----. Have fun.

mumovearls said...

I want to see pictures of your hair- hope courtney feels better soon and you have fun on your trip-nena