Saturday, November 10, 2007

2 years

My baby is 2. (well he wasn't actually born until 1:45 pm on 11/11) Rob is still so sick. I feel so bad for him. Before he was so sick that he couldn't do anything but sit and be so nice and kind. Now he is getting a little better so he can fully express how bad he feels. We tried to have a fun birthday for him today but he was just sooo grouchy. I was pretty tired from having family here for so long (man I have been on the go since justin and angelique got married in july). So I didn't really want to plan a party. I made a cake and we went over to Cali's (kaelynn and jason's kids were there already and Justin and Angelique came too). He opened some presents, but he was just a sick boy so he wasn't too animated about anything.

So sorry more cellphone pictures (our camera should be coming any day now.) Anyways this was Rob today at Toys R Us. We didn't have a present for him and they hook you up on your birthday. He was thrilled about the balloon.
His cake. Cortney thought it would be sweet to put tons of candles in the shape of a 2...then we also had sparklers.
It took forever for all of the candles to be lit. Rob kept blowing them out. Then when I started the sparklers he wouldn't blow at all. He was pretty freaked out. Oh and yes....he is wearing Christmas pj's.

From Rob's Baby book about his delivery.

I was scheduled to be induced. We arrived at the hospital at 6:30 a.m. They immediately got me changed and started on pitocin and hooked to an IV. At eight Dr. Baxter came in and broke my water. I was still in no pain. About a half hour later I had my epidural. It was great. Then I just rested and waited. Cali came @ 11:30 I was dilated to a 4. I thought I would have lots of time before I had the baby so, Justin was coming for a visit and so were Bob and Roberta (with Oli). Cortney went outside to find his parents and bring them in. In the meantime...the nurse came in and checked me...then Dr. Baxter came in and checked me and he said the baby would be out in 1 push. I immediately was nervous because Cortney wasn't there. The doctor was kind enough to take a seat on my room's couch and wait for him to come in. I was pretty frantic...I tried to call Cort but he didn't answer. He came though. Just in time. Bob and Oli and Justin waited in the hall. While Cali and Cort and Roberta came in for the birth. It was pretty awesome. I had absolutely no pain and had some good friends to talk to. It couldn't have been better. Rob was 7lbs 5 oz. Everyone commented on how dark his eyelashes and hair were. Oli smiled so big when he met Rob. He kept saying "hi", he really wanted Rob to be Jonas.I know kinda gross picture...he just barely "came out", so he wasn't cleaned off yet. I love how alert he was when he was born. (both of my babies have been wide awake when they were born...eyes wide open)
Here he is getting cleaned off. I love his little face. He still looks the same to me.



It was a good day. I am grateful for Rob. He is a HANDFUL. But he is like me...so...he is going to be awesome. He looks and moves sooo much like Cortney. It makes me so happy to have him....I can't wait to have more.

Oh...Man...someone just got pulled over in front of our house. The were pointing either a tazer or gun at him and yelling for him to get out of the car and lay down on the ground. This is awesome. Cortney and I just snuck outside to see if we could hear what was going on. No such luck but there are three other cop cars here now and they have been here for like 15 minutes.

1 comment:

Berta said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mr. R.O.B.ster! I'm sorry he's been so miserable - I sure don't like to see kids sick ESPECIALLY when it's time to celebrate! It was a great day, the day he was born! I sure miss celebrating with you guys on these occasions - now I know what Grandma Ekins felt like being in CA. I'm glad Cam could represent us!