Sunday, November 04, 2007

BYU


Yesterday morning Cortney got a call from one of his friends (Rory) saying if we wanted them he had some BYU tickets we could use. I love, love going to the games and yesterday's game against Colorado State was only broadcast on the MTN which means I would have had to listen to the game on the radio. So it was very exciting to get the tickets. I called Cali to see if she would watch the kids...of course she said yes. It was soooo fun. Even on the long walk to the stadium (Cort and I were all decked out in BYU apparel) I was so excited. It is SOOO fun to be without our kids. I know that sounds horrible. But the whole time I was remembering how fun I can be...and crazy, and hyper. I forget about those things sometimes. As we got to the stadium the game was barely starting. Cortney and I were buying lunch (another fave...is there anything better than stadium food?) I got a pretzel with cheese (I can't help but want this...I think of Chief Mo cafeteria every time) and Cortney got a yummy pulled pork sandwich. The stadium was so loud and standing underneath everyone was so exciting...they were all stomping their feet. I love seeing everyone in cougar stuff...I felt pretty proud of our fans...and the stadium was sold out so that was nice too. I always get mad when I see empty seats at games. We then made our way to our seats , and they were wayyyyyy up there. Almost to the top...but they were on the 50 yard line and our seats were #1 and 2 . So we weren't trapped in by a whole bunch of people. They were actually great seats and I could see everything perfectly. The weather was the best...the perfect fall day. It was so fun. And we killed Colorado so the game wasn't even stressful at all. I cheered and cheered until my voice was nearly gone. Austin Collie after he scored a touch down...he is one of my favorites...I loved him before he went out on his mission and now that he is back...the love continues. He is just so dang fast.
Here Austin Collie and Manase Tonga are celebrating the touchdown. I love this picture. I can't imagine being able to jump that high in the air.
I couldn't help but notice the cheerleaders. They kept doing this sweet move I guess that is called a helicopter. They would hold on like this and spin around in the air. It was awesome.

Obviously we didn't take these pictures I got them from the SL tribune. That is all. It was such a great time. It was so fun. I can't say it enough. Thanks to Rory for the tickets and Cali for the babysitting.

9 comments:

Cindy said...

Yes, the game was amazing. We couldn't come up to this one, so Natalie used our tickets with some of her school friends. But we listened to it through the computer! Are we nuts or what??? There is just something about being there though. It is addicting!

mumovearls said...

I think watching the Game in Person is way MOre fun than watching it on TV-nena

Allison said...

My heart aches with longing to go to a game like that....perfect weather, killed Colorado...we can hardly ever even listen to the game, and we NEVER get to watch them! Yea for you, though!

melanie said...

You'll gasp when you hear this, I don't follow BYU football. I like it, just don't follow it. Anyway when I read this post, I immediately felt old. I used to baby sit Zac and Austin Collie when they were little and lived in Las Vegas! Yikes, I had no idea Austin was so good (or so old!). Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Supercords said...

I'm proud of you for stealing pics off the Internet. I was starting to feel guilty for being the only one.

Whitney Amelia said...

Nice goatee Cort. Did you get an elk or what???

mumovearls said...

TAG YOUR IT-NENA (OK AT MY BLOG)

::lindsay said...

Sounds like you guys had fun. I'm such a dork though, because I thought to myself, "Wow, those are really good pictures. How'd they get the one of the cheerleaders?" Then I read you got them from the SL Tribune.

Berta said...

I LOVE that picture of you and Cort!