Wednesday, August 20, 2008

more from the weekend

The reunion was fun. I think it made me mourn for the life I used to have, I miss being young and carefree. I miss my friends and staying out late and acting crazy. I miss being funny (or thinking that I am). I miss the company of my girls, and all of the guys (hahaa that sounds weird). I really truly had the greatest time growing up. I loved my teenage years. But...it also made me so grateful that I don't have to worry about the boy I like calling me back or not. Pheeeww. It made me so happy to be a mother. So grateful for the choices I made that have led me to where I am now. I always knew who I wanted to be and I ended up pretty close to what I had in mind. It also made me sad, because there were so many more people I wanted to see. Although man...it was so worth it just to see my ladies.

Enough about the reunion.

Amber finally had a boy after 3 girls...this boy is the love of my life. Honestly. Sunday I headed with Sean and Amber over to the Merrell house. It was fun. I love those two. Sean and Amber and I were all BFF's in college. We spent every night talking on the phone, and then all of the sudden it was just them talking and then they were engaged. I couldn't be happier that two people married each other because you rarely get to keep your best friends that are guys. It is always one of my highlights of Moses Lake seeing them. Everett (their son) looks like Sean and I just can't help but love him, squeeze him and just try to make him smile (Everett not Sean...hahaa) that baby is adorable. Anyways. I saw Carroll's remote and I couldn't stop laughing I had to get a picture of Everett with it so you can see just how HUGE it is.
Isn't that remote hillarious??? Wow it is even bigger in real life. And what a cute baby right?


I absolutely adore this picture...Sean with Ev on his back, the baseball bat in his hand (soooo Sean) and the 90's baby carrier.

The trip was great but I was so excited to get back to my babies and my husband. I seriously ran from the gate to get my bags because I couldn't wait. When I got to the car Oliver was already asleep but Rob was there and gave me a huge hug. I think he was dirtier than I have ever seen him. Man that boy needed a bath. He smelled like sugar, and dirt all mixed together. But still pretty adorable. Cortney is the best dad ever but bath time isn't his forte. Hahaa...oh well I am sure the kids loved it.

Cortney took the kids to Rexburg (brave I know). They all went up in the tinsy little truck. All three in a row. Cortney said they boys fought the whole way up. I actually love hearing things like this...it really makes him appreciate me. Hahaaa. Anyways here are two cute pictures of the boys...how can I not miss kids this cute??

Rob enjoying raspberries

Pretty Oli (he starts Pre K on tuesday....yikes)

Today I was talking to Oliver about how much fun he had in Rexburg. He said "I miss it but it is good to be back home"....I totally agree.

I loved watching my boys play together today. I am so grateful everyday to get to do what I do.

My doctor's appointment was yesterday. I have six more weeks until it is all over. I can't believe it. I am so grateful for my doctor's and my miracle. I would have never thought I could be the way I am today. I am a little scared for what is next. A baby someday. How will I feel?? My body has to be clean of the drugs for like 3 months before I can try to get pregnant. How will I feel? I can't believe how fast it has gone. I remember they told me 2 years ago that I couldn't get pregnant during the study...I felt weird that someone could tell me when to have a baby. But I felt grateful for the excuse because, I was no mother when I was at my worst. Oliver doesn't remember. I can't believe that because our world revolved around the fact that I couldn't move my arms and hands. The time has flown by fast. I can't wait to feel a baby inside me again. Does that sound gross or wierd? I don't know. Today I heard someone gasp because the baby in their belly startled them. I felt jealous. It has been four years since I have gotten pregnant. (sheesh I guess I can give up on losing the baby weight....hahaaa) Well that is all.
p.s. How could I not want another one of these?? This has got to be my favorite picture of Rob of all times. Look how chubby....(and look at my poor right hand...that is about all I could close it)

5 comments:

Camille said...

I absolutely loved reading your posts today! You girls look fabulous! I am so happy for you that you are feeling well. Obviously, I don't know the whole story of you NOT feeling well- but regardless, glad things are better.
Anyway- most importantly (haha) Amber & Sean should know that I have the exact same 90's baby carrier and use it every day- forget hand-me-downs....that is vintage. :)

::lindsay said...

Okay, how blind is she? That remote is the biggest thing I've ever seen. How funny!

I'm glad you had such a great reunion. It sounded like fun!

KAMBRIA and MATT said...

I agree with Camille - not about the vintage baby carrier. I loved reading your blog. Something is right in the world whe Ashley and Amber are together. I also loved the picts of you, Amber, and Laura. You guys all looked so cute. I am glad you had fun on your trip.

mumovearls said...

It's not weird to want a baby... I want one every day, the only difference is that I can actually just choose to have one at any time but I know I don't want to.(that's weird)hmmm it is just all a mumble-jumble in my head. anyways glad you had fun in ML-n

Adri said...

I love that last photo. (I feel like I've seen it before.) You and Rob look so happy. I didn't know about your health problems for a while. I can't even imagine though. I'm so glad you're feeling better.