Monday, August 11, 2008

Earl Family Reunion

Wow.  I just got back from a one night trip up to Heber Valley Camp for an Earl Reunion.  It was crazy.  We had like 350 people there and my dad was pretty much in charge.  It was so much fun and we had a great time.  

To get ready to go though we had to get some stuff ready.  I went with Justin and Angelique to buy food for it.  Wow...if you have never bought food for 400 people you should really try.  It was awesome to see just how much food it was.  Justin was pushing one of those flat carts at costco and Angelique and I both had carts...filled to the top with food.   After the food was purchased we headed up to the camp.  It is mainly a girls camp and was soooo nice.  Hot running water and such.  Swankier than where I just was for girls camp.  

Here is a picture of the people that were still left after lunch on the last day.  I love love how Rob is just running around in the back round. Our kids had so much fun.

Here is Cortney during the egg toss.  He was teamed up with Joey and they won the whole thing.   Click on it so you can see the egg. 

Joey...what good form you have.

We spent a lot of time sitting around and watching the boys play whiffle ball.  And yes...we did get hit with it a number of times.  It was really fun to sit around and talk.  I love my cousins.

This is part of the place we stayed.  We had like a million of these little cabins.  So beautiful.


My dad cooking up some bacon.  I just wanted to sit and stare at my parents the whole time...I couldn't get enough of them being home from Peru.
And let me just say...man the food was so good. No one eats like the Earl's do.  I have never seen so much food before...wow. 

Talking again with my cousins.


Rob was in Heaven.  He just would explore all over the place.  Oliver one time came running up to me and said "Rob fell and hit his head in the forrest".  Sure enough Cortney went running and he was laying down with a big goose egg on his head.  Nothing keeps that kid down though.  He had so much fun.


the boys on a hike with Cortney

They brought me back flowers.  How sweet is that?  

We had a great time.  I am so proud of my heritage...and it was great to meet so many distant cousins.  Or at least stare at them for a while.  Thanks dad for planning it!

6 comments:

dirty>south said...

you forgot to mention the Von Trapps.
HAAAA!

Heather said...

Wow, now that is a reunion. Cort would be good at egg throwing since he had so much practice when he was little. What a great time....what a great family.
Happy day.
hdw

mumovearls said...

love all the pictures! It was so good to see you and visit!

Kim said...

We had a great time, too. I can't believe all the work your dad (and you guys) had to put into that. It is so much fun hanging out with everyone. I feel so lucky to have such a fun family.

Scott said...

While Joey did have good form in the toss, the highlight of the picture for me is the leftmost person making a "catch."

Supercords said...

Remember when I kept trying to date members of the Earl family? This post is the reason why.