Friday, April 11, 2008

utah flash

Cortney called me this afternoon and told me he had some front row tickets to the Utah Flash game. These tickets are right on the court next to the opposing team. Of course I said we should go, and his friend from work and wife came too. THANKFULLY I got all dolled up because as I was waiting with the other wife for our husbands at the front door Justin P. from Moses Lake walked by(all you ML locals know who I am talking about 2 years older than me, funny). I was immediately second guessing myself...maybe it wasn't him...it had been like 8 years since I had seen Justin. Anyways I just said his name, his full name as he walked by and he kind of turned around looked at me for a second and said "Ashley?" (ohhhh thankfully he remembered my name and recognized me, that would have been embarrassing, I always think people won't know who I am but he and I were pretty good friends). We talked and caught up as well as I could being flustered and nervous. It was crazy...then to top it off he sat directly across from me the whole game....I mean directly. We sat right next to the other team. I was really scared that I was going to get hit by the ball. But it was a fun night even though we lost. Usually when I see people from high school I am not wearing makeup, or I am 9 months pregnant and wearing sweats.  So I was really relieved that I had gotten ready. 

Rob gave me a real good kiss this morning and then he said "Yum, Yum." I love that boy.

Cali yesterday was talking about how chubby Rob's cheeks were and then Carolina said
"rob, you're chubby"
Cali: (laughing) "Rob's not chubby he is beautiful"
Carolina: "Rob's not beautiful he's cool"
That girl is so funny...

3 comments:

Angelique said...

That is exactly how it is for me...dolled up..don't see anyone...not dolled up..see EVERYONE...glad it worked out this time. And front row seats always make a game 10 times better!

mumovearls said...

How fun!
Love the Yum, Yum! comment that is so sweet!-n

lanita said...

That's crazy that you bumped into Justin! How weird to be sitting right across from him, too. Your description of the evening made me laugh. Too true.