Monday, April 28, 2008

oh my

Rob just gave me a heart attack. We were all outside hanging out...and then I went inside to work on dinner. Then Oliver came in and said "I think Rob went to Kempton's (our neighbor)". My heart started pounding and I thought "when did I see him last?". Cortney jumped on his skateboard and took off down the street to check at kempton's. I ran into every room in the house looking for him. I ran outside and Cortney was coming back...with no Rob. My heart sank, and I offered up yet another prayer. Cortney took off in the other direction went down the alley and side street then turned around and came back. Still no sign of Rob. I panicked. Cortney had gone as far as Robbie can walk. Where was he??? As Cortney stopped in front of our house Rob came walking out of our neighbor's back yard. He was looking at their dog! Talk about scary. I was freaking out. Luckily...he was fine. But it will probably take all night for me to calm down.

5 comments:

tiff said...

That pastry was soooo good! todd and I had to control ourselves last night so we didnt eat it all. I need the recipe.

lanita said...

We've all been there, Ash. It has to be THE worst feeling ever. I'm glad everything turned out okay.

Berta said...

Hummmmmmmmm that seems to bring back memories! I remember a little boy, just about R.O.B.'s age getting lost for approx. 8 hours - search and rescue, air rescue, hundreds of people out looking for him, search/rescue dogs on the scent, city / county police, neighbors and strangers looking! Yes, Ash . . . I know just how you felt ! ! ! ! . . . and yes Cort, that was YOU!

mumovearls said...

Oh my gosh! Courtney 8 hours??? Ash that is the worst feeling! I've had that happened before-nena

Heather said...

Oh crap I know that feeling. I remember living on that busy road of ours and seeing this purple van with tinted windows drive by. No sign of Carson! I FREAKED out. Where did he go? He was fine! Playing in the neighbors backyard......just like little Rob.
heather