Monday, April 21, 2008

pathetic.

Man I have not had anything to post this week. Yesterday we took all 6 kids to church, it wasn't that bad. I was surprised. Oliver gave his first talk ever. I can't believe how far my shy little child has come in the last year. He got up there and talked loudly and clearly into the microphone. He started laughing for a split second (which in turn started me laughing and I had to stop for a second to get things under control...oh I was trying so hard not to burst out in laughter.) After the laughing though he kept going. I really was proud of him, the talk wasn't hard, and I said every word into his ear but....I was just so proud that he was up there...not crying. He really has become a lot more out going. It is amazing what a year can do, and that is one of the main reasons I feel so good about holding him back from going to kindergarten this year (he has a summer birthday).


Cortney has been aerating the greens at the golf course (I guess this is something that is really important...come to think of it I don't know if he is aerating them or not...all I know is they are "doing greens" this week...and that this is something important, and stressfull). It amazes me, the fact that I am married to a grass farmer. I would have never known that grass needed so much tender love and care. There really is so much that goes into it. He watches the weather constantly, because he can't let his "crop" get ruined.


So slowly but surely we are getting more done in the basement. It is hard because we've had Cali's kids everyday...and because Cortney is doing the greens, so he comes home exhausted. We did get the two doors cut down and installed on Saturday. This was a big deal because we were both really freaked out by doors. Plus we had to majorly cut them down so they will fit in a 1940's basement. We also got them all cased in and we are almost finished with the baseboards. We should have finished on Saturday but we both hadn't had anything to eat allll day and after two wrong cuts in a row we just had to get out of there.


I am really feeling the loss of my parents with Cali gone. (they get defensive when I say stuff like that but it is true) Dad...it could be worse I could be as dramatic as I was in highschool and write a dark depressing poem...and post it here. BUT since I am way less dramatic...I will just say that I really missed having mom to talk to, about the kids and such...especially when Cali wasn't here.

It is starting to warm up outside. I can't wait for it to be a little warmer. (although I know the heat is hard for Cortney...so it is a plus and a minus when it gets hot)

That is all for today. Cali gets home. So I should have more time to post this week.



3 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh, that nervous mother giggle when it comes to our kids! I remember it well. Good recovery, Mom, and I am so proud of him too! 1st Primary talk. That is such a milestone!

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

I am calling today. LOVE MOM

mumovearls said...

that is so cool! I love when the little ones get up there!

I love that you have such a good relationship with your sisters. I am so jealous and envious of you! I wish I had that!-nena