Saturday, April 12, 2008

almost done

Last week we hired someone to finish up the drywall. Man he was heaven sent. Cortney just doesn't have any time, at all. All week he worked long hours in crazy cold winds. He was chilled and exhausted all week. So for him to come home to more and more progress on the basement was awesome. So the walls are drywalled, textured and primed for painting. We hooked up all of the electrical (it worked, thank the stars). So now all we need to do is install the baseboards and hallway door and closet door, finish painting and install carpet. Man it seems like we are almost done but that sounds like a lot of work still. Ayee.

We worked all day, Cali watched the kids for a couple of hours too which REALLY helped out. Then in the evening I was priming the walls and I started getting shaky because I hadn't really eaten since breakfast. I went upstairs to make myself a sandwich and the phone rang. It was our neighbors inviting us over for dinner. We had a lot of fun, the food was great and the weather was beautiful. We ate outside. I love the first barbecue of the season. The smell, with a little bit of chill in the air. I love it. We had a great time.

Cortney took some cute pictures of the night, I will post them later.

Our host and hostess...Jed and Sarah


My boys playing in the dirt


Rob fell down on the way home and then was super dramatic and stayed down there for a long time. I just love how cute my street looks in this picture. Jed and Sarah live three houses down from us.

go to Cortney's blog for more pictures from the BBQ.



These next pictures are from Monday night's Family Home Evening.
We almost always do a little family dance time. Cortney put his camera on timer and set it on the couch. I don't know why he is trying to dirty dance with me...Every time the camera was about to click he would run over to me. Rob is the blue blur off to the side. We love to dance.


This picture is of us playing duck, duck, goose. Rob didn't really get it...he ran every time. He is about to get me in this picture. I absolutely adore the look of pure JOY Oli has on his face. Man that kid has the best laugh in the whole world. It comes straight from his belly.

5 comments:

mumovearls said...

I love Belly Laughs! Beckham has the best one too! Some times I want to record it so I can keep it forever!-n

Angelique said...

Your basebment looks awesome! I love that you are a dancing family..so fun. We all really need to get together soon!

Berta said...

Absolutely 'congrats' on the basement! That'll be the BEST for your family. These are times (and many more, of course) I'd give ANYTHING to be there to HELP slap some paint up on the walls, clean, watch kids, cook! What great neighbors you have to invite you over - they look 'fun'! It does a mom's heart good to see her kids and grandbabies happy - I just LOVE the last pic of you guys! Great post.

SW Portraits said...

This is just hilarious!! Seriously, Jory would have tried the same thing... ;)

Christensen's said...

I am glad that we were able to save your family from starving :) It was fun getting together with you guys. I don't know why we don't do it more often. I love the pics- also the FHE one. That made me laugh!