Monday, April 28, 2008

slc

On Saturday one of Cortney's good friends got married in Salt Lake. So we got ready and basically spent the whole day together, at the wedding, sans kids. It was really fun. We snapped some pictures as we were waiting for the bride and groom to come out of the temple. This is the best one we got...it was really sunny (thus my squinty eyes and Cort's shiny head). But I have decided a picture of us together...is priceless whether we look good or not.
What a beautiful temple. I love going there.

That pretty took up most of our Saturday. Cali watched the kids, which I was so thankful for. It really is a huge deal to be gone for that long. That is a lot of babysitting to do. She was also at the doctor with Gracie almost the whole day so...thanks Joey. (poor baby gracie was dehydrated from the flu and had to have an IV)

We spent the evening trying to finish filling nail holes and caulking the trim in the basement. It is going slow, because we just have so much going on. FRUSTRATING.

Today I took the kids to church by myself. We were up and ready and dressed faster then ever before. Mostly because I had ironed and laid all the clothes out last night. Cortney had to go down to the golf course. The grass had major frost on it and he had to keep angry golfers off the grass for almost 2 hours. Poor guy. He made it to church right at the end of sacrament.

Rob went to nursery so good. He was all excited. I can't believe how he has changed over the last couple of months. Thank heavens.

Tonight I had a fireside to go to. Cortney played outside with the boys and it was just such a nice night. He thankfully took some pictures (I just haven't had any to post lately).

Cortney put up a rope to swing from and a swing for the kids in our tree. Rob just fell off trying to swing on the rope.
What a cutie. Notice in his hand is a ziplock baggie of trail mix. Man this kid is always eating.


Oliver can swing on the rope pretty good.


This is what Oli changes into EVERYDAY. I dress him cute and then the second we are home he puts on this green shirt and the blue shorts. IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY. It is by far his favorite outfit. Sometimes when I don't want a fight I let him wear it under his jeans and the actual shirt I have laid out for him.


My boys are starting to play together. HALLELUJAH.


My cousin Rachel came by tonight. She was visiting from Arizona. It was really good to see her and we talked for a long time. I love that little girl ( I say little because she is so much shorter than me...she really is the most adorable thing, i love her).

I really feel like we didn't get anything done this weekend. It always feels that way. Why isn't there enough time? Oh well. There is always next weekend.

Mom and Dad. Both of my boys keep trying to call you guys on the computer. Oliver begs me to show him how to call so he can call and talk to you guys when he wakes up in the morning. Rob had a frisbee and he kept saying "show grandma" and trying to climb on the computer chair. Of course when they actually do call you they don't say anything...but nonetheless you are on their minds.


5 comments:

Angelique said...

You guys look awesome! I love going to weddings in SLC. Love the pics of your kids..crazy that they are getting so big. We miss you guys!

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

love the pics I want to talk to them too. try in the late afternoons. LOVE GRANDMA CONNIE

Christensen's said...

Come on Ashley, I know that you really never get your kids dressed don't try and blame it on Oliver :) Just teasing. I love the pictures! Kempton wants to type a message.... ...................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????///wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Kim said...

Hot mama! I want your legs!

Supercords said...

Tell me more about this cousin Rachel...