Sunday, January 27, 2008

two sad goodbyes...

My parents go to the MTC tomorrow. sigh...
All of the kids that live here in Utah got together tonight. It was fun...but bittersweet. And when it was time for me to leave my kids were freaking out and so tired (9:30) and I had to say goodbye to my parents with kicking children in my arms. Cali put on a beautiful lunch/dinner though...and we played a little fill or bust. This picture isn't a good one but it is pretty much what our night was like.
I love how my dad looks like he is telling us something really important.
We had three laptops going...I love technology. There is NOTHING better than sitting around listening to great conversations and surfing the net.
Here is Linh walking on Joey's back....hahaa this picture is funny. He has been having some back pains and she has magic feet.

Then as we were sitting around we heard that Gordon B. Hinckley had just died.
I couldn't believe it. Well I could considering that he is 97. But...It hit me, you know. He has been the prophet for almost half of my life. He means a lot to me. Needless to say it was a tearful night tonight. (well tears don't really come out of my eyes very easy (it has been since Rob was born that I have actually teary eyed cried)...but my face was crying...does that make sense??) I have a strong testimony of this man. I am happy for him though...

No comments: