Thursday, January 24, 2008

mazatlan part 2

So I left off last post on Christmas Eve. This year in Maz...it was colder than I have ever felt it be. Especially the week of Christmas...so that was a bummer. I will now just post some pictures...in random order of things we did.

This is the clan on the way to the downtown central market...everywhere we went people would touch our kids hair and such and they would always COUNT how many kids we had with us. We were like a freak show.
Grace and Joey and the market...she would fall asleep in there it was so cute.
This is the brother's and sisters out to eat at Zarape's. My mom and dad would watch all of the kids while we went out to eat (no easy task mind you). Zarape's was recommended by a guard at the Inn at Maz. They had live entertainment and a guy came around and gave me the microphone during his song and I belted out "aye yay yay yay Canta y no llores" as loud as I could. It was awesome. Everyone at our table was laughing super hard....I didn't even hesitate when he came over I just grabbed the mic with both hands and went for it. I loved it. This place was pretty over priced...and the service wasn't to great but...they had the most amazing salsa...and our dinner...

It doesn't look to good...a hot rock stone with shrimp, steak, chicken, onions, tons of cheese and a delish sauce. All to put in fresh tortillas. I thought it was so good.
Rob and I watching something on the ocean. Probably this...
The boys playing boche ball, they would play most nights...funny the girls were never invited...well I guess someone has to watch the kids. This is what A LOT of my vacation looked like. I spent quite some time playing games. Here we are playing fill or bust...a fun dice game.
Linh and I playing ticket to ride...a REALLY fun game. We played this all day long.
My boys and the sunset, I hope they realize how lucky they are.
Cortney and I at sunset.
We all also spent a lot of time reading...and relaxing in the sun.
My dad doing more reading.



Oliver close up. duh.
My dad is an awesome cook. Here he is making dinner for us on New Years Eve, It would usually be yummier than eating out. We (the boices) stayed at my parents house most of the time...(we stayed there from dec 18th through Jan 2...then from Jan 2 to the 7th we stayed at the Marina El Cid and then on the 7th it was back to mom and dad's until the 10th). We were lucky to stay with them because my dad would make us breakfast lunch and dinner. I was really sad to come back to real life and not have my daddy cooking for me.
New Years Eve...We put a timer to go off at midnight.
Cort, Kyle and Joey...golfing.
The group at Margarita's...a place we had never been before. They had good ribs...Cortney and I got lobster and it was pretty good also.

5 comments:

khepworth said...

Ash-it's been fun reading about the longest vacation ever known to man! How FUN! And you've been doing this since you were 14? I'm jealous!

I love the picture of your boys with the sun setting.

mumovearls said...

what an awesome time I love your whole family! you guys are just so laid back! love all the pictures-n

emily said...

A dream vacation FOR SURE. Your pictures are all so adorable...LOVE that Earl family!

*ethan* said...

hi cort

so welcome to the small world my wif nat is friends with kelly who sis is nicole who when she comes down here from the berg does her hair.... so we're practically related

Laura Lei said...

I love mazatlan. I love hearing about it, even though it makes me miss it. Next time...you, me, and amber (and maybe our husbands).