Saturday, January 19, 2008

It's the best day ever

One year ago Joey gave Cali a Christmas present. A ingenious Christmas present. That present was a spa day for Cali and a "friend". So all year Cali and I talked about this spa day probably at least once a week if not more. We were so excited to go get it. But for some reason or another...busy husbands, babies, weddings, family trips...ect...we couldn't ever find a time when we could both go...and our husbands could watch the kids. Well today was finally the day.

We started out at 10:45 1st Cali went in for a massage, while I had a facial. After that we swapped. Ohhh....let me tell you this massage therapist was GOOD. We got a real creepy rub in Mazatlan so this took the memory of that out of my head for good. We got the spa day at Dallas Robert's Salon in Orem...and this girl Kallie...was awesome. I definitely recommend her. She was one of the best I've ever had. After the massage and facials we went and had pedicures done. After that was a hair wash, blow dry and style...followed by make-up application. We were done at 3:15. 4 Hours of pure bliss. It felt SOOOO indulgent. What a great Saturday. And an even better present. Honestly...it has made our year. It is fun to have something to look forward to and we always did.

Thanks Joey...we had a great day.

So here are some pictures...I think they are funny because we both have WAY more makeup on then we would ever wear normally. I told Cali that I looked like Jessie Spano from saved by the bell, on the way home.
happy
serious.

10 comments:

amber said...

you girls look sooo good. and ash, "I'm so excited, I'm so I'm so", and I can't remember how the rest of it goes. amber

Allison said...

You girls look "hawt"! What a good brother I have to think of such a great gift for such a great wife (and her great sister!)

Samantha said...

that is so much fun! Ash I can't remember the last time i saw your hair so straight- and I'm loving cali's hair too.

Alisha Marlatt said...

Way prettier than Jessie Spano! Do you remember when we used to quote that episode where she over doses and sings "I'm so excited!",probably not, I'm a geek that I remember it! HA, too funny! Anyway, You guys look great. I may need to drop some hints to my husband about spa day.

Cali said...

Isn't it..."I'm so exicited, I'm so excited, I'm so....SCARED!" hee. when I got home Joey said, "wow, your eyes look crazy". this pic doesn't show how dark our eye shadow was, and considering I don't usually even wear eyeshadow, it did look kinda crazy. but yes, that day was FUN.

Captain Emus said...

You guys both deserved it.

khepworth said...

I think every girl deserves a day at the spa! You guys are so pretty!

Angelique said...

As always, absolutely beautiful! What a fun day!

p.s. I totally know the episode that Alisha is speaking of..I used to quote it, too! Hilarious.

Alisha Marlatt said...

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that remembers that show!

Angie said...

both of you guys' hair looks so good. sounds like an amazing day!