Monday, January 14, 2008

scary

Cortney was carrying Rob out to the car yesterday morning for church. He slipped and fell and Rob went flying and landed head first on the cement. They were both laid out on the ground and covered in snow. It really freaked Cortney out. He was so sad the rest of the day. Rob was okay. Just scared. He had a super padded hood on so he didn't even get a goose egg. I felt really bad for Cort...because he felt so bad.
cort and Rob and the ocean.

I am just really glad they were both okay.

We have been gone for so long so it was weird going back to our ward. Oliver is now a CTR 5. WHAT???? How can he be that old. I taught CTR 5 when he was 2 years old. I thought those kids were so old. His teacher is amazingly awesome. He is really lucky. Also...an answer to my prayers. Oli's teacher's Mom is now in the nursery. She is amazing. The old nursery workers didn't want me to leave Rob in there if he was crying. So of course I was in nursery every week and when I would sneak out and he would cry they would bring him to me 10 minutes later. This new lady is awesome...she turned to me and said "you can go...I am really good at distracting them when they cry" Oh man...that is so what I needed to hear. She really really is an answer to prayers. Rob stayed the whole time without us...and well he wasn't crying the WHOLE time. He saw Oli walking in the hall and started crying but I think it went pretty well. I am thrilled. Plus we are studying the Book of Mormon in sunday school, so there is no better time for me to not have to be in nursery anymore.

It was great seeing all of my Young Women again. They are choice girls. They really are.

I thought I would post a couple more of Robbie pictures...
Robbie crawled out of his pack n' play (yes my 2 year old still sleeps in a pack n' play) and onto Oli's bed (in mexico) I was so surprised when I went back to check on him. I hardly ever see him sleeping so I thought this was so cute.
I am posting this picture for my dad...He made us a boat load of sandwiches...for the airport. Here is Robbie loving it.


I had to post this picture because my legs have NEVER been this tan. Now I know that isn't saying much. My skin isn't alabaster white by choice...I get hives in the sun. But for some reason this trip I didn't...and I got kinda tan...almost as tan as Cortney.
This is a picture that really depicts my vacation. Here I am reading in sweats with a roll on the couch next to me. DOES LIFE GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT?? (notice no kids to be seen)


5 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so glad you're back! I've missed you. What a fun trip, though! I bet you all had such a great time.

The Clark said...

you have hot legs ash! i'm glad you are back too. it was lonely in bloggerville without you.

cort said...

you are cute!

Angie said...

i am so jealous. sitting around tanning, reading a book, sounds freakin' amazing...

Mandi said...

I am also VERY jealous! Sounds like a lot of fun! A lot more fun than sitting here in SOUTH DAKOTA!! = )
Glad you guys had a good time.