Wednesday, January 23, 2008

how's it gonna be when you don't know me...


I know it is bad...and wrong...but missions make me sad. I of course am happy that people go and I know it is the right thing but...still it sucks. I found out that my parents are leaving on their mission to LIMA PERU on the 28th (monday). They didn't think their visas would be ready and thought they would have a couple of weeks here in Utah before they left. But noooo. I am not ready.

mom and dad on the Guatemala trip at the temple

And as you all know Mike went into the MTC on Dec 12th. It was so sad to see him go. I felt so so sad for his girlfriend or his friend that is a girl...when my missionary left that was some of the worst and most destructive time of my life. So missions make me sad...I know I need to get over it and stop being so dramatic...and after this I will.

This picture is of Cousin Ace, Cousin Danny, Lucy (mike's friend that is a girl...hahaa, she is adorable), Mike and Cousin Corbin. The Sunday before Mike left. They came to stake conference with me.
Mike and Mom and FroGram...She looks so sad.

But on a positive side...I got a letter from Mike last night. He is such a good kid. I have always been good friends with him. He is making me really proud. He wrote...

"I am still doing awesome however. As of yesterday I know all spanish tenses. I pretty much know spanish. Haha not really but I feel comfortable enough. I think I could get by in a foreign country, totally immersed in the language. I hope my first companion is a native that doesn't know english....I don't think I have anything else to say.....church is true, keep it street."

So in the end...I am glad that my parents and Mike are going on missions. And I am proud too...I know it isn't easy to serve a mission.

7 comments:

::lindsay said...

Wow! I can't believe they are leaving so soon. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to have my parents gone for that long. They will really be missed!

Angie said...

i can't get over how much that lucy girl looks like our cousin kelsey...i think its funny. we will all miss your parents too...i'm sure it will be harder on all you guys though. they are such awesome people!

ashleyboice said...

we kept telling mike that lucy looked like kelsey and he would be like..."what??...no." hahaa

lanita said...

That's so funny....that's who I thought was in the picture too, Kelsey. Is it just so in the picture, or does she really look like her?

The Clark said...

what are your parents going to do on their mission? my parents are there occasionally working with humanitarian services to teach newborn recusitation. maybe they'll hang.

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

We feel the same way, but it is still the right thing to do. This will have an effect on the grandchildren if you use it to help you raise your children.

Samantha said...

Dad commented on your blog!