Saturday, March 31, 2007

Fishin'

So on Thursday I heard Cortney talking to one of his friends on the phone and he said..."well you will be able to see it on our blog" I thought it was really funny. I didn't even know Cortney knew "our" blog exisisted. Well I guess he does and he has some things he wants me to write about and he wants me to post this picture. He was able to go fishing on Thursday...He has a place down at the golf course that only they have access to. He caught so many fish...2 24" carp, an 18 inch walleye, croppie (sp), tons of white bass...maybe 4 or 5, 2 large mouth bass, and an huge catfish (below). So that is what he caught word for word out of his mouth. When he starts telling me these things I usually tune him right out but he was thrilled. Here is a picture he took with his phone...look at his face...I've never seen him happier...well maybe once when he was caller #9 on X96. This catfish he says was 28 or 30 inches long "OVER" 15 lbs. He and his friends grilled it up for lunch the next day at work. He is so funny...and hasn't caught much down there before this. He kept telling me it wasn't the right time of year, but I was starting to think that he just wasn't much of a fisherman. I guess he proved me wrong.

3 comments:

Berta said...

GREAT picture. Makes a 'mother's heart' happy to see him SO happy! What a great job! Is that the fishing boat he picked up recently? Every 'male' that reads this blog is going to be 'green with envy'. Looks a little 'chilly' that day - maybe that's why he made such a haul?

Samantha said...

That's hilarious- because the first thing I thought when I saw that picture, before I saw what you wrote, was- That is the biggest smile I've ever seen on Cortney's face! How fun!

Alisha Marlatt said...

What's funny is I didn't think Tom would care about our blog either. The other day he told me I should write more about the family and how we all are doing. I thought it was really funny, i guess he checks it all the time!