Saturday, March 24, 2007

like mother like sons....

So we are all border line sick over here. Noses running and a bunch of grumpy boys. Cort included. Cortney had to work today because they let the water in the sprinkler system at the course in too fast and busted 12 sprinkler heads. Cortney had told them not to do it and that it was something that should be done over the course of a couple of days, little by little. But did they listen, no. So he had to go down and try to fix exactly what he had told them would happen. I in the meanwhile was sitting around not feeling too good, and feeling sad that he was working. I decided I would make myself a YUMMY sandwich. I love to cook for myself. I know that sounds weird but I love food and I love to make something just so. I piled on the sprouts, and tomato a little cracked sea salt, and freshly ground pepper. The bread was a delish sunflower honey bread and of course I had the most delish mustard assortment to choose in the making of said sandwich. When it was finally made I took my blanket and curled up in our recliner that is right in the sun so it was cozy and warm. As I sat down my children must have smelt my heavenly sandwich because there they were at my side. Both of them were begging for bites. I didn't think they would like it but I was wrong. It makes me so happy to see two little boys scarfing down a sprout sandwich. Oliver kept calling it a grass sandwich. I love that they will try most foods and they think almost everything is yummy. I know that someday they will insist that they only like a peanut butter sandwich with the crust cut off so I am writing this down as proof that at one point in their lives they would try things...and they would like them.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Besides the being sick part, it sounds like you had such a nice afternoon. I love moments like that- the perfect sandwich in a perfectly sun heated seat. Why has it been so long since I've seen your kids? It makes me miss them so much!

Berta said...

You had my mouth watering listening to your description of 'said-sandwich' . . .sorry to hear you guys aren't feeling that great - as one 'who has been there' you have my sympathy. So sorry to hear about the sprinkler system - WHAT IS WITH THOSE GUYS, ANYWAY! What a stress to put on an already 'sick-dude'! Sorry Cort. Feel better, guys.

Whitney Amelia said...

What is your secret advice for a non-picky child? I love that they are able to eat anything, and very unusual. I am so confused about this parenting thing, its so crazy to think we will have a whittle babe in no time! I know in our family growing up we had no choice wether to be picky or not.
Cute fotos by the way...They are getting gynormous! Hopefully I will get to see them at Easter(Robertas)