Tuesday, March 13, 2007

13 Hours

So we did it...my sister Cali and I drove from Orem, UT to Moses Lake Washington with six kids, in one van. I kept having panic attacks all weekend just thinking about how awful the drive would be...but in true Earl fashion, our kids our great travelers. We had no problems. We woke up at 4:00 and were on the freeway before 5:00 a.m. All of the kids had their blankets and treats. We had tons of movies to watch and even hooked up our Xbox so the kids could play Lego Star Wars on the way here. We stopped in Baker Oregon for a 30 minute lunch/play session at a McDonalds playland which was a life saver because our kids loved it and ran around like they had never seen a play land before. Really the only stressfull thing was Rob only slept 27 minutes in the entire 13 hour drive. Towards the end he finally lost it and cried for about 20 minutes. He really was so good especially for only 27 minutes of sleep. We were so happy when we pulled on to Easy Street and so happy to be home sweet home. I love it here. I found some pictures that I thought I would post...
This first picture is my huge family at Disneyland. This was one the happiest days of my life. I loved it. Sam and Kyle were also on this trip...just not this day. Notice how great I look...I delivered Rob 4 weeks from this picture.

Me...Cali...Sam. My two sisters...my best friends. Here we are young and oh so cute. I had never seen this picture before. Can you believe I used to be blonde. Oh those were the days...I think blonds do have more fun...or so it appears. I love this picture. I had the best childhood. I hope my children can be so lucky.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Ash, you guys are amazing. Driving 13 hours with children would drive me absolutely insane! Have lots of fun with the family. Oh yeah, the gripe water rocks the planet.
Wuv, Heather

Laura Lei said...

Hmmm....I wish I was in ML.

Samantha said...

I don't think I've seen that picutre either. It's weird to think that that is how dad still sees us. Who can blame him though- we look pretty darn cute. I'll have to get that picture too.