Thursday, July 17, 2008

yc

Tomorrow morning bright and early I am heading to Youth Conference. And ughhhhh am I dreading it. Don't get me wrong...I am glad to go. But, man I think the number one reason (and a big one at that) youth conference was so fun to me as a youngster was because I got to flirt with boys. And now that I am so obviously past that point in my life I can just see my self...walking around in knee shorts with tennis shoes (hahahaaa...if only I owned some but still I want you to get a good idea of what I am imagining) super white legs...and all by myself. Sounds wonderful right? We are going up to Salt Lake to the This Is The Place Heritage Park. Pioneer style. It is going to be so hot too. Anyways, enough complaining because now I am really getting worried. It should be at least interesting. I am sure I will have plenty to do and of course I love all of the young women in my ward. But I just hate not knowing what to expect. And...I have to be at the stake center at 7:30. Which for me is like the middle of the night. But worst of all is POOR Cali has to watch my kids. Seriously Rob and Carolina are a whirlwind of trouble. She definitely has a harder day in store for her tomorrow that I do.

Speaking of Youth Conference. One year (I was 14) we went out of town for it and we stayed with Host families. I was together in a house with like 8 of my best girlfriends (girls I know you remember this) ANyways we were sleeping in their basement and the whole wall was big sliding glass windows. We were all talking in the dark before we went to bed when all of the sudden we saw some men (boys) creeping around the back yard....to make matters worse they came over and were looking in the windows. We all FREAKED out and jumped onto each other in one big dog pile. All of us were trying to claw our way to the bottom...which of course as everyone knows is the safest place to be. We said a prayer and still were so freaked out we could die. And we decided we had to wake up our host family. Remember we were only 14. So Bridget H. and I army crawled our way across the floor into the daughter's bedroom. We turned on the light, I know weird, and then Bridget started crying (remember we were 14 and I was probably the most scared I had been in my life). I told the girls what happened and it turned out it was their boyfriends toilet papering the back yard. Ahhh so embarassing...but at the same time it is a great memory. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little less scary for me.

6 comments:

Matt and Mindi said...

That is such a great story! It had me laughing :) I remember good old times like that in young womens. Good luck! I bet you will have a ton of fun. I went there for one of my youth conferences but, then again I was still in the flirting stage of life so I don't think I can offer any advice. lol Have fun!

Adri said...

Okay I started laughing when I read the first sentence because I KNEW what story you were going to tell. I had forgotten about this - I'm glad someone remembered! That was such a fun Youth Conference.

amber said...

good times, I think us 8 should have another sleepover(minus the scary toilet papering boys)

Cali said...

Love that story no matter how many times I hear it. I know you guys were scared, but it is also very exciting to have something like that happen to you when you are 14.

Laura Lei said...

I will always remember that youth conference because of that experience. That was one of the scariest, and funniest nights I can remember. It makes me miss all my girls.

Christensen's said...

Good luck tomorrow swimming with the youth. I am sure it won't be too bad, they all adore you!