Wednesday, July 16, 2008

enrichment

Tonight was a mother daughter Enrichment activity.  I went, because I am on the planning committee but had neither mother nor daughter.  It boggles my mind that I have actually lived somewhere long enough to know people in my ward.  Not only that but know them well enough to sit around and girl talk.  There are a lot of ladies in my ward that I really love (not like that we're just friends).  In the past I have been a little anxious about enrichment...I would walk in and I wouldn't really know anyone and I would just try to pick someone to sit by...anyone.  Once I was late and there were no seats left except there was a whole empty table so...yep I sat there by myself.  Sob story.   But now it feels so good to be settled. I really was enriched tonight...and lucky for me that I didn't have a daughter (not that I don't want one with all of me) because everyone that had little girls there...man that looked like a lot of work.  I on the other hand...crocheted and talked and talked.  What a great night. 

3 comments:

scrambled brains said...

I'm glad you came Ashley! You're always fun to talk to. You are beautiful and funny!

{natalie} said...

i wish our ward was like that. i still feel like i don't know anyone.

thanks for the recipe for the drink! i'm excited and i'm getting limes today. oh do you have to take the skin off of the limes or just blend them with it on? stupid question i'm sure...

Camille said...

I love getting to that point in a ward- I am finally "settled" in my current ward....which obviously means we wil find a reason to have to move soon!
I wanted to give you a big "THANK YOU" for introducing me -via your blog- to Lisa Leonard. I have been eyeing her jewelery ever since. She is doing a giveaway on my blog next week & I can't even explain how excited I am!