Tuesday, July 08, 2008

4th of July

I know my mom has been waiting for me to post again...sheesh...can't a girl take a week vacation?


I had a great time in Rexburg.  Rexburg is special to me.  It feels like home.  It is filled with places and people that I love.  And...it is the city (okay...town rather) I fell in love in.  I love it there.  I love the weather, the small town-ness of it, the farms, the open space.  My boys love love it there. It was really nice to be around grandma and grandpa.  Bob washed my car (and took the boys with him) the first day I was there.  And what can be better than a week without having to cook.  I love that about visiting my my mother in law.  It was also great to see all of my sibling in laws and all of my nieces and nephews.  It always makes me sad to live away from there.  

Get ready now for picture overload.  

ahhh....for some reason blogger won't publish the 22 pictures that I have to go with this post.  I will try again in the morning.  I have way more to blog about.

It still won't let me load my last two pictures. Annoying. 

I only have pictures from the fourth of July.  Mostly because I, well....don't have a camera.  So I am at the mercy of Cortney.  He does however take great shots so...I won't complain. 

We started off the morning at the Rexburg parade.  My father in law and Grandma Alice headed down to main street at the crack of dawn to set up some...17...lawn chairs.  Yes we have a big family....and yes, we all had a seat.  It was awesome.  I was prepared for crowds and crowds but man I love how that just doesn't exist in Rexburg.  



Berta doing what she loves.


There was this awesome guy that is "6th level" black belt...he was passing out flyers for his classes.  Tyler talked him into breaking a board for the camera.  He was freaking awesome. Just another thing to love about Rexburg.


Alice...so smart brought an umbrella (love her).  It was HOT.  Here we have Robbie loving on her (about as much as he ever does).


Nicole and I.  Thank you Nicole so much for keeping me company this week.  This girl is awesome.  I knew from the time I met her that she would eventually be Tyler's wife...and boy am I glad.  Please notice my outfit...man I was freezing when I left the house (those Rexburg nights and mornings are cold...another thing to love) so I wore pants...I couldn't have chosen a hotter (by ways of the sun...not my hottness) outfit.  I about died.  Thank goodness for those met life fans.



The kids waiting for candy.  I couldn't believe how much candy they got.  Oliver said at one point "I am tired of getting candy".  It was seriously like halloween.


Just a great picture of the parade.  I loved it.

We then made our way home and had some YUMMY food.  So good.  Bob set up a huge huge slip and slide and then we all headed out for some good old fashioned fun. 

Rob would do this cute smile every time. His mouth is adorable to me.


Oliver


Yes...this is me.  I know, who posts pictures of themselves in a swimsuit??  I seriously can't believe I went on the slide at all...this is purely proof that I did.  Someday when I am old and arthritic (more than I am now) I will love this picture...as I am sure my kids will.  Cortney got a whole bunch of other really unflattering pictures....this is the best of the bunch.  Man, I make some weird faces.



Cameron kept taking Robbie down the slide.  I love how tight he is holding on.  Rob looks like he could be Cam's son. 


Griffin was out of control.  Seriously he slid so fast.  



We covered the slide with tons of soap...for going faster of course.  Grif would just go so fast. 


Another of me....losing a race to my nephew Carter.  Man...I was SOOOOO SORE the next day.  Every inch of my body was in pain.


All of the cousin's would help Rob go down the slide.  They would come up behind him and help push him...so cute.  Ohh and dottie is there to help too. 


Poor kelton.  OUCH.


Man isn't this a beautiful picture of my mom in law?


Then all of the boys chased boy Tyler trying to get him wet.  They never caught him but he tripped and fell super hard (lost his shoes and pants in the process too).  Poor Ty. 


Just a super cute picture of Rob.


And an even cuter one of him.  Smiling pictures of him are so rare it is unbelievable.  This is taken through the tramp springs.


All of the kids (well most) in grandpa's hot tub...now that is a real treat.  He of course drained it three minutes after they got out.  That man keeps a real clean hot tub. 

I wish I had more pictures of the rest of the week.  We did some fun stuff.  The splash park there is so fun.  AND FREE.  We also saw Kung Fu Panda and did a lot of hanging out.  What a great vacation. 


4 comments:

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Can't wait PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES. LOVE MOM

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Love them. Good job. LOVE MOM

Angelique said...

I am LOVING the ones of you...haha. You look great even going down a slip n' slide. I love Idaho fun.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought that your mother in law looks a lot like Cali's mother in law?...my mom! I haven't ever seen any other pictures, but behind that camera, she looks a lot like Lori Emig!