Monday, July 21, 2008

Sunday night dinner...haircuts..and the rest of the weekend.

Tonight Cortney's friend from work Ethan and his wife Natalie invited us over for dinner. We really had a great time. It was interesting because I had met her once (at costco) and I think I have met Ethan before but, I have read both of their blogs...so I felt like I totally knew them. Not only that but I knew their kids names and what the inside of their house looked like. It was pretty surreal. The whole blogging thing is pretty weird. But because I "knew" them so well already...I felt really comfortable the whole time.

Whenever Cortney and I go out with other couples, I think it is pretty nerve wracking because...I don't know...I guess we are always hoping they liked us. Hahaa. Like back in the day when I would go on a date and it would go good, but I would still always wonder if the boy(s) were going to call me back. Does that make sense??

Anyways...we had fun. Our kids played together really well I thought. Rob didn't hit anyone the whole night (although he did break a glass and really roughly tried to rip their little girl's shoes off). The food was so good...grilled corn on the cob, hamburgers (stuffed with cheese nonetheless), salad and delicious homemade frozen yogurt with strawberries.

Here are some pictures.

Their daughter Addy. She really is so beautiful.


She became my little friend tonight...she would tell me to hold her, or she would say "Ash watch me". She is so cute...and man I couldn't resist her.


Natalie

My boys loved the toys in the back yard.

One of their cool chickens. They were the calmest chickens I have ever seen.


Little kade...didn't want to let Cortney take any pictures of him. This was the closest he got to him with out him turning away. Such a cute little boy, he looks just like his mom.


Ethan was trying to do a photo shoot with Cortney...I thought I would make it black and white so he could see what it would be like to really be a model.


a weird picture of Cortney taken in the mirror...but I couldn't leave him out.



On Saturday I had Youth Conference in the morning. I GOT to go swimming with all of the youth. Yay. It was a long but fun afternoon. We are losing a lot of Laurel's this year (graduation) and I really missed them.

When I got home I rested for a while, while Cortney cut the kids hair. Oh, I am so happy that he did this. They were looking really wild there for a while.

Then in the evening we headed over to Cali's for a couple of games. Shane was there along with Celeste. We BBQ'd and then played Scene it and Outburst. Both were hilarious because they were old versions of the games. The Outburst version was from 1988 and it was quite hard to get all of the questions about celebrities. It was fun. Of course I don't have any pictures of the adults but here are some of my kids new hair...and Carolina.

Man he looks so much better with a shaved head. Looks like he needs his head tanned a little.
Pretty Carolina.


Cc...and Rob. A deadly combination. They either get along great of fight worse then cats and dogs. Someday they are going to be quite the dynamic duo.

5 comments:

{natalie} said...

I'm so glad you guys came over, it was a lot of fun. We will have to do it again. And I love all the pictures (except the ones where I look like I might be pregnant, dang shirt!)

and your trip to Moses Lake alone sounds fun. I didn't know we were the same class. Mine is this year too, but I don't know if I'm going to go. It's over Thanksgiving weekend.

FiddleWiz said...

Too bad I had to miss Youth Conference.... there were a billion things going on! But I was there in spirit!!

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Hi there thanks for the pics. LOVE MOM

*ethan* said...

wait, so am i supposed to call you?

Laura Lei said...

It's kind of weird, to see these pictures...since, I know Ethan from a life time ago. He has such a beautiful little family.