Monday, July 14, 2008

2 annoying things

So I have two things about me that are really and I mean really annoying. Not that I don't have a million things about me that are annoying...but these two are standing out to me right now.

I have always always lost my jewelry. My mom would always be hesitant if I ever wanted to borrow jewelry from her when I was younger. I don't have 1 pair of earrings. I somehow have never lost my wedding ring, which is like a miracle unto itself. But at Christmas I really splurged and spent 30 dollars on two beautiful silver rings. My mom and I went to every silver shop in all of Mazatlan trying to pick out those rings. And sure enough I can't find them...anywhere. I wore them for a couple of weeks. Put them on the shelf in the medicine cabinet and I haven't seen them since. Annoying.

The other thing is actually a pretty new development. In February Cortney gave me my ipod. The FIRST day I had it my kids were listening to my skull candy ear buds, and they ripped them right in half. Then Cortney begrudgingly got me a new pair...a nicer pair. That pair lasted pretty long...until last Saturday when they fell out of my purse in the Craigo's parking lot. Oliver saw them, picked them up, and then hid them in a bush. He said he tried to tell me but I told him something like "sssshhhhhh" or "not right now" or "be quiet". Then when we were done eating he tried to get them out of the bush but they weren't there. Ahhhh. So I am on to my third pair. A less nice version of the old pair. Last night I was cleaning and listening to my ipod...somehow the headphones got hooked on to something and I moved to quickly and one of the sides ripped off again. I was so sad and I didn't want to tell Cortney because I knew he would be like, "you are just no good with headphones." But when I told him he kinda laughed and then he later brought me in a new pair and told me this was the last pair he was getting me. Oh please....let me not ruin them.

My grandma, aunt and uncle and cousin are here again, just for the night...yea.

And by the way I have this egg casserole waiting in the fridge to be cooked in the morning. And yes, it does have 1 1/2 sticks of butter and a whole package of cream cheese in it...oh and chives from my own little garden. I can't wait.

8 comments:

cort said...

That is over 170 dollars of headphones in a couple of months. Ash showed me that it was just a little wire holding them together, so I told her that I could weld there up like a little protective headset she could wear like headgear. I give the new ones a week. Love you B

scrambled brains said...

Sorry about your headphone and jewelery mishaps! My mom ALWAYS loses her keys...for good. She has to replace them all. Your breakfast casserole looks divine--YUM :)

khepworth said...

I know that feelinga all too well about catching something (the belt loop on your pants or the pocket on a hoodie) and moving with a quick motion. Like on the freaking door latch/plate thingy on door jams. My waiste sits at just the right level. I have ruined so many pairs of jeans this way. Just rips the whole belt loop off, leaving a gaping hole for the whole world to see my G's. SO ANNOYING.

That stinks about your headphones. And I HATE losing jewlery. I hope you find your rings.

Kanani

Laura Lei said...

Remember the time we took your mom's Rolex (I can't remember if it was fake or not. If it wasn't fake she might have a heart attack when she reads this) to a high school basketball game and kept taking turns wearing it. Hahaha. I'm surprised we didn't lose it.

Oh...and BTW...I love poineer woman and her cooking. Anything with 1 1/2 sticks of butter, plus cream cheese and chives has to be good.

Laura Lei said...

P.S. Sorry Connie. We won't do it again.

Samantha said...

Remember that gold necklace with the 3 pearls on it mom gave us like 6 years ago or something? Two weeks ago we went to the temple and in the locker it said please don't wear necklaces...so I put it in my pocket, and when I got home, for the first time EVER, I washed my temple clothes and I my heart is so so broken because i lost my necklace.

And on your recommendation I started big brother this season. Yep, season 10 is my first year.

{natalie} said...

hi, you don't know me but my husband works with your husband and Cortney told Ethan about a frozen lemonade recipe that you guys make and I can't stop thinking about it. would you mind emailing or posting it?

how did the breakfast turn out? it looks really good. that pioneer woman doesn't ever go wrong.

anyways, I'm natalie

Supercords said...

You are so going to destroy this newest pair.

I'll try and remember to bring some inexpensive headphones to Game Night tomorrow.

Shane