Tuesday, July 01, 2008

stinky

A pretty gross story...just because I don't have anything else to blog about.

So...last week Cortney and I got in our car and immediatly noticed that it smelled straight on like a animal had crawled inside and died.  Now for those of you that really know me, know that my car is usually pretty messy.  However, we had just cleaned out the car a couple of days before this. The smell was unbearable and then I remembered...
Ohhh....after Cortney had finished gnawing on his oh so scrumptious smoked turkey leg (at oremfest), I had wrapped it tightly in a plastic target bag and put it in the holder compartment thingy in the bottom of my stroller.  And then we headed to the car...folded up the stroller put it in the trunk and forgot about it.  Holy smokes.  So so so gross but thankfully it was at least already wrapped in plastic.  Puke.  

As I came up the stairs this morning Rob said "you look beautiful mom"...how sweet is that?Especially coming from him because usually he is just yelling random things or scowling. 

I got to see my cousin Kim this weekend.  I love her.  It was so fun to talk. 

Tomorrow my boys (Oli and Rob...no Cort) are heading up to Rexburg to spend a week with the in-laws.  I can't wait.  It is so nice to get back to a small town.  Rexburg is for sure a second home for me, and the summers there are the best.  Cortney will join us later in the week for the 4th.  

I should be packing right now but I just am sitting here looking at the computer with nothing whatsoever to do.  

9 comments:

::lindsay said...

Ok, yuck about the chicken leg. Least it was wrapped up though.

Funny---a friend's husband happened to see your comment the other day on my blog. His name is Jeremy and he said that he knows Cortney. They used to snowboard together. Small world, huh.

Angelique said...

We're going to Idaho for the 4th too! I LOVE Idaho summers...

Angelique said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Ashley,
First, I TOTALLY relate about your car and CHICKEN! Check out my blog for details: natbroekman.blogspot.com GROSS! Also, thank-you, thank-you for posting pictures of my nieces and nephews! I love to see how they are growing up. You described each so well...I feel like I know each one a little bit better! Have a fun trip to Rexburg!

lanita said...

Enjoy Rexburg. We just got back from small townville, and it was so lovely. Have fun!

lanita said...

Enjoy Rexburg. We just got back from small townville, and it was so lovely. Have fun!

Christensen's said...

That is so cute what Rob said! I love it when Kempton says things like that. Are you back in town yet? You need to come and see the baby!

Camille said...

I wish I would have checked your blog sooner- I just came home from Rexburg too- it was so nice! Hope you had fun.

mumovearls said...

you are probably in Rexburg right know but I hope you have a great vaca.-Nena