Thursday, July 10, 2008

Kangaroo Zoo

Oliver is going to summer camp this month. I haven't posted about it because I don't have any pictures of it since...I am not there. However...I thought I should write about it since well...it is the first time he has ever really been out of the home for more than 2 hours, and because it is awesome. He is doing it through the cities park and rec program. What a great program too. It is 4 hours a day, 4 days a week for three weeks and it is like 2 dollars an hour. They play outside almost the whole time too, so they come home exhausted. He is doing it with his cousins Tyson, Jack, and Zac. Everyday they have a different theme and play games and do crafts that revolve around the theme. Today they went swimming and it seems like they had an awesome time, although Oliver keeps saying "it was so fun but Jack drowned." Jack was following Tyson around and got in too deep. Tyson said the lifeguard had to blow the whistle and jump in. Scary...but I know they are watching them closely. The best part of the camp though is Cali and I can run our errands with 3 kids instead of 6. Man what a difference that makes. Although the three we have are CRAZY. It is still nice just because we aren't causing quite the spectacle we usually are.

Then this afternoon we took our kids to the Kangaroo Zoo. It is a huge warehouse with a million awesome inflatable slides and castles and obstacle courses. Man this place was pretty awesome. Despite having to pay 8 bucks per kid (too pricey...if you ask me...but on the other hand our kids played like crazy and they had comfy couches for us to sit on). At first Rob was clutching on to me and saying "too scary" he wouldn't even try the baby stuff. But then somehow he went down a slide and changed his mind. They have slides in there that are two stories high and he would climb all the way to the top and jump off. I was seriously in shock and couldn't take my eyes off of him just because it was so amazing and so out of character for him.

I talked Cortney into stopping by with the camera and he was reluctant. He thought we were literally going to a kangaroo zoo. He didn't think a zoo with just kangaroo's would be fun. Hahaaa. He is so funny. He came though and here are some pictures. Joey also joined us and seriously the kids have never had such a fun time somewhere.

also...since Rob was so facinating to Cortney and I most of the pictures are of him...and grace too just because she is so darn cute. But seriously out of the 300 pictures Cort took I would say 150 are of Rob, 100 are Grace and then the last 50 are of cali, Joey, me, and the other kids.
Ty
I tried to get at least one picture of every kid.


Goo girl...I had to put this picture in because she always does a total bird lip when she drinks from straws. An over exaggerated bird lip too. So cute.

Joey and his baby.


This is an action shot Cortney captured of Robbie hitting Carolina. Poor girl she is just sitting there her hair flying and everything. Rob is really getting his whole body into the beating he is giving her. We tend to have some problems with them fighting. We tell ourselves everyday...this too shall pass. Oliver and Jack used to fight...a lot. Now they never do...maybe once a week (which is saying a lot because it used to be once every ten minutes.)
Anyways I thought Rob might want to see this someday when he really wants to date Carolina's friends.


Carolina was our most cautious kid tonight. She loved this slide and that was about it. She wasn't sold at all on the idea of the inflatables. Maybe next time.

Grace spent a lot of the afternoon walking around with this bucket on her head. She is so funny.

Tell me...is it just me or is this just the most luscious profile you have ever seen? Holy smokes I love to kiss those juicy lips.

Jack...the birthday boy today.

Oliver and Tyson sliding down and having a blast. Honestly the kids were running like crazy the whole time. That is the main reason I don't have any pictures of them...they couldn't be found...and we couldn't keep up with their running.


Can you believe this picture? Adorable. Especially for the crazy florescent lighting that they had in there...and the place was jam packed and you would never know.


Rob getting serious AIR.
This boy is a daredevil.

The take off...
the launch.
I couldn't believe how high he would jump on these things.

We had a great time and I would definitely recommend this place to people. My kids liked it more than the other places that are similar around here.

Then tonight Justin and Angelique came by and we watched a movie. It was fun.

4 comments:

cort said...

You are a funny little girl...and pretty cute too.

Angie said...

that looks like sooooooo much fun. what adorable kids too.

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

LOVE IT!!!!!MOM

Christensen's said...

How funny that Cort just took those pictures of Rob as she took the beating. I am sure that he gets it from her too. It is just funny to me that now you have evidence. You'll have to save those for when he is older. Thanks for coming to the BBQ, it was fun to have everyone over!