Monday, May 05, 2008

what a great weekend.

warning...perhaps too many pictures ahead

On Friday Cortney's sister Heather was here with Brian and their three boys. We made plans to go over to dinner at our friends Gheen and Beth's. Also there were a whole bunch of our friends that live around here but hale from Rexburg. It was so fun to see everyone. It was especially great seeing Brian and Heather and the boys. We love them. And from the time we got married they have always been one of our best couple friends. Heck...when we lived in Rexburg they were some of our ONLY friends. Hahaa. We used to play Donkey Kong for HOURS. (and by play I mean the boys would play and Heather and I would try to help them figure out which way to go...that game really stumped us). Anyways back to the night...Gheen and Beth live in a AWESOME house in highland. And we all just sat around and talked and ate and just had a great time. The food was soo good. Oh man my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Come on now...doesn't that look divine?..my bro in law brian modeling the food.

And, between all of us there were a million little boys. There were 4 little girlies sprinkled in too but I think there were 12 little boys. Wow. my boys had a great time with their cousins and all of the other kids. The two red headed beauties are their cousins Carson, and Kelton. Even though they are much older than my boys they play with them SOOOO well.
Rob trying to be sooo tough in front of the other "guys".
Oli really looks up to his cousins he thinks they are the best.I used to babysit this boy when he was just a baby...back when Cortney and I were dating.

Anyways the night was great. I am always a little anxious...when we go out with Cortney's friends. Nervous. What if they won't like me...or I say something dumb? Ahhh. But everytime we do, they are always so nice and I feel like we have always been great friends. They really are some great people. And Oliver just loved having all of those boys to play with.

Friday night Rob started to lose his voice. He is seriously talking three octaves higher than his regular low low voice. IT IS SO FUNNY. Honestly it is so high you can barely hear it.

Saturday we woke up and I cleaned cleaned cleaned. There isn't a better feeling than getting ALL of your cleaning done. I felt like I could breath again. When you live in a small house if 3 things are out or there is a bunch of stuff on top of your cabinet for example...it really feels like the walls are coming closer in closer trying to devour me. Crazy? Cortney spent the morning working hard downstairs. Then we went for a family drive. I ran into the library to "quickly" grab some books while Cortney waited in the car with the kids. I was actually giggling to my self, that is how happy I was to be in the library without them. Ohhhh how I love the library. I love books. And I came home with 7 which is less than I usually bring. Then we went ran to walmart. It was just a really nice day. One of those days that you can open every window in your house and just breath. Ohhh.

Sunday (today) we all headed to church, and then Cortney took Robbie home after sacrament. He was too sick to go to nursery. The funniest thing happened during the sacrament...Rob drank his drink but as he went to throw his little cup away, his back wash that was left in his cup poured out into like four other cups....just waiting for someone else to drink them. The guy passing the sacrament kinda laughed and I just buried my head in my hands. Oh well. So sorry to those poor people. I hope they don't wake up with a sore throat.

Then tonight we took a family walk, and ended up at our friends Sherry and Jory's to look at their kittens. The boys were in heaven.
How cute is that??
Rob loves kittens...this one kept clawing him...but he kept coming back for more.
Oliver is so soft with animals...he is really like his dad in that regard. Maybe he will be an animal whisperer just like Cort.


Rob and I starting the walk...

It wasn't loong before Robbie needed Cortney to push him. He got tired after a couple of minutes. I tried to get him to go in the stroller but he is too big for that.
Oliver Crossing the street. Man this little boy is growing up before my eyes. I can't believe I have a kid that can look both ways and then cross. I was still right there watching him but, man even a year ago he would have been right by my side, for the whole walk.


On our way home our neighbor's Jed and Sarah were outside so we stopped by to talk and take a couple of pictures.
There cute daughter Brooklyn. She is really warming up to me.


They sent us home with a couple of pieces of cake. This picture is so classic Rob...priceless.
(my kids get REALLY red cheeks when they are sick or hot...or frustrated...he is probably all of the above in this picture)

Man it is so nice to have lived somewhere long enough to have friends in our neighborhood. Cortney and I have moved 12 times in the past 8.5 years, so to be at our house 20 months...and actually know some people that live around us...is actually quite amazing. And nice might I add.

7 comments:

ali said...

cute, cute pictures, as always. I love heather too!

I had to laugh at your house cleaning comment. We used to live in a 500 square foot apartment. My dad used to comment..."every time I call, you are cleaning. How hard can it be to keep that tiny place clean?" That house always felt cluttered and dirty with just a couple things out of place. I feel your pain.

tiff said...

Roxy decided yesterday that she was too old to go in the stroller on the way to church. She had to ride her scooter too. after stopping for the hundreth time, panting, todd finally picked her up and carried her the rest of the way.

Heather said...

Ashy, it was soooooo FUN to hang out with you guys on Friday. I remember the good old days hanging with you and Cort. What part animals we were. I think Donkey Kong was the highlight of our entertainment. Carson and Kelton can't stop talking about their cool cuz's. Hope to see you guys again soon. LOVE THE POST! Great pics.
heather

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Great Blog. LOVE MOM

Christensen's said...

It is always fun when your family stops by. We love chatting with you all. Wish we could have gone swimming today. Brooklynn had a temp of 102.6 when I laid her down tonight and that was with medicine. Hopefully she gets better soon.

Angelique said...

Oli and Rob are looking so much older...time is going by too fast.

Anonymous said...

i thoroughly enjoyed this post... i felt like you were in front of me talking to me. i think it was all the "man"s. i can just hear you saying it now... i think it's time for you to come visit, cause i need an ashley fix.