Saturday, May 31, 2008

Oh, Saturdays I love you with all of my heart.

So there is almost 1 thing in this world that will get me out of bed before 8:00 a.m. Garage Sale-ing. (I don't know what word it is supposed to be Garage Selling, Sailing, Saleing....huh? Who knows? ) Anyways...for me there is nothing like going shopping and being able to afford everything. In real life at real stores I never buy anything...unless it is an essential or...on a really good sale. So garage sale's let me release that inner need that I have to buy things. (all at a steal of a deal nonetheless.)

My friend Tiffany really inspired me by her pictures of the loot she got a couple of weeks ago. So here is what we bought today. Bumbo (steal of a deal), Rollerblades/pads, blocks, Donkey Kong for N64, and The 5th Harry Potter (the only one my sister Cali is missing from her collection...pheww now she has a whole set) and the book is pristine not one page is dog eared.
Ohhh we found so many beautiful things for the kitchen. I found others that I wanted but I have a tinsy kitchen so I had to just get the ones I really really loved. I have been wanting mini loaf pans for a long time but I won't pay any money for them. I can't wait to make mini loaves of bread for my kid's sandwiches. This is the bowl that was 25 cents! Can you believe that. SO CHEAP. I love this with all my heart. I can't wait to fill it with a pasta salad or something like that.
Then this is a set of three (duh) blue glass pyrex bowls.

I always give the kids a dollar to spend. Rob bought this bubble set for 50 cents. And Oliver paid for half of the rollerblade/pad set.

We had so much fun this morning as a family. Cortney did comment on how much funner it would be for just he and I to go. Hahaa. True, so true. The funniest part was that Rob would see signs or yard sales and scream "garage sale". So he was helping us find them too.


6 comments:

scrambled brains said...

All right Ashley! Awesome finds! I too love yard and/or garage sale-ing. Bargains are the best :) --love the yellow bowl!

Cindy said...

I have 2 sets of the yellow pyrex mixing bowl in all the sizes. One set is what was called in the late 1970's, 'harvest gold', and the other is 'avocado green'! Great bowls and they've lasted a long time! Funny you love them so much--I'm tired of them and would love something new, but can't bring myself to throw them out! Maybe I should send them to you!!!

ashleyboice said...

cindy...I would love them. Hahaha. Complete sets are worth 40 plus dollars sometimes on ebay. You could sell them and buy yourself a really nice set of bowls. I look at the sets on there all the time and just drool. I think I love them so much because my mom had them too.

SW Portraits said...

Oh Ashley... you totally crack me up!

Angelique said...

Wow! You found some awesome things..I need to take up this hobby...have you hung the mirror you bought last time?

Supercords said...

Running has gotten in the way of my weekly yard saling trips, but seeing your pictures is making me want to get back out there. Plus, I have a truck now for the larger items.