Friday, May 23, 2008

free at last

Finally. Our basement is finished...well mostly. The carpet guy came today, and it looks so beautiful. I am so happy. I feel like our lives have been on hold for this last year. Things didn't have a place to go and were just waiting for that room to be finished. I can't wait to get everything organized and put away in its right place. It feels so good.
Cortney said I had the ISO to high or something like that...I don't know what I am doing with his camera so oh well. You can still get the picture. Carpet.
Ohhhhh the carpet is seriously some of the softest I have ever felt. It is beautiful.
This is taken from Rob's Room. As you can see we aren't quite finished because we are without baseboards in his room and in the hall. Aye. Hopefully we won't wait two years to get that done. You can see where the new room is and then on the other side of the basement is the laundry room (cave) and then a huge storage room that is actually all drywalled and everything. It was probably the least scary room in the basement pre-remodel.

Our basement used to be a scary old basement. Now it feels nice. And certainly less scary.

7 comments:

Berta said...

OHHHHH, this is SO beautiful! ! ! It's late right now - I'll be back tomorrow to 'say' more! Congrats - you worked SO hard for this amazing SPACE to enjoy your family. I can't wait to see the kids jumping and rolling around! So awesome!
Luv you guys - hugs those kids & each other!

Heather said...

I can't believe it is DONE! How totally exciting for you guys. We only finish projects when it is time to move. Maybe in 15 years we will get some of our projects done. Congrats!
HDW

Adri said...

Your basement looks great! They don't make houses with basements out here. It stinks. I love basements. (I wish my pictures looked like that with high ISOs)

Anonymous said...

congrats you guys that must feel GREAT! the carpet looks oh soo cozy...
waba

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Great job. Cant wait to see it. LOVE MOM

Scott & Tami said...

Ashley, it looks awesome!!!! Your basement is HUGE!!! ENJOY!!

mumovearls said...

Wow this looks great! -n
I sent a letter to you today it has... oh now you will have to wait and see...

ok ok It's just insurance cards... I can't make you wait and get excited for something like that!-n