Saturday, May 31, 2008

ball game

Phewww....I have a lot of pictures for this post. Sorry.

So we hit a big milestone for our little family. We finally have a child old enough for organized sports. Man it really feels like a long time coming. Oliver has been dying to get in there and play since he was 2. We signed him up for t-ball with his cousin Jack. I think he is going to love it. Although today before the game he got a little teary eyed...because he didn't quite know what to expect, so cute and so Oli. Once we were there he really loved it though.


Man it is amazing how little he knew about baseball. I doubt we have EVER had a baseball game on in our house. He is going to learn quickly I think. Now look at those beautiful mountains. What?? Amazing.


My brother in law Joey Coaches a little league team, I think in my professional opinion that he is a great coach. He was nice enough to give Oliver some pointers when it was his turn to bat. Cortney needed to be able to take the pictures, so he couldn't do it.


Rob kept trying to go and play. Poor kid so hard to understand.


I think I must be cheering in this picture. I sure hope so. (I love how Rob is just crawling in my lap, and I don't even seem to notice)


Goo girl chowing down on a sandwich. I love this baby with everything in me. She is awesome.


Rob and Carolina spent most of the time just wandering around. I thought this was so cute because the both found their brother's hats. They were acting so grown up.


Look at that eye contact. If it was me I would have been closing my eyes.


Poor Cali...she had 2 soccer games and two baseball games to go to today. 4 full hours of sports. ayeyeyaya. Then on top of that these girls were crawling all over her.


Tyson's game was after this one...so he warmed up a little.


Meanwhile...Oliver and Jack paid close attention to the game that was going on.


I love Jack. SO much personality in such a tiny body. Look at that face. Awesome. (Joey wants his kids to wear baseball pants...Jack's are a little big, but nothing compared to how they fit last year...it was a riot. And of course Oli is begging me for some.)


For the first like 6 plays of the game Oliver would run and get the ball he got it every time. So much that I was laughing really hard. At first he would run the ball all the way over to first base. Finally I ran over and told him to THROW it to first base. I love how serious he is.


Jack playing catcher. Oliver said Jack was making this face because the other team didn't know how to hit the ball off of the tee "AT ALL". hahaa


A mad scramble for the ball.


It was a great afternoon. I was so proud of both Jack and Oli. It is so weird for me to be at this stage. So I know I am posting tons of pictures but...he it is a first for us. And very exciting.

One funny thing from the game...Oliver got the ball after the other team hit it and he ran to first base...then to second. Then he waited for the next hitter and ran to third. It was so funny. Cortney ran out there and told him that it wasn't his turn to run the bases. Too cute.

11 comments:

Samantha said...

I'm really excited for this stage too. I love a Saturday game and peanut butter sandwiches. My heart hurts a little that I have to miss this- so don't apologize for the pictures.

Berta said...

This is TOTAL "EYE CANDY" for Grandmas and Grandpas! ! ! Delicious! Next best thing to being there - THANKS SO MUCH. These kids are growing up WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too fast - one of my favorite ages, ever! Don't think I'm ungrateful when I say, "More, more, more!"

lanita said...

I ALWAYS love looking at Cortney's pictures. And true to form, these are awesome. Man he can capture those priceless facial expressions. My boys start t-ball & coach's pitch next week....I wish I had the same enthusiasm as you! All I can think of is the rush of dinner to hurry out the door, and the THREE days of the week it takes up. uggh.

emily said...

Avery starts soccer tomorrow...we are just about jumping out of our seats about it. I love how at this age all the kids just run for the ball at the same time and make a dogpile on it...no matter what sport it is! We like to call soccer at this age 'magnetball.' LOVE that we're doing the same fun stuff...

Gramyflys said...

I loved your pictures of course, because not only did I get to catch up on your adorable Oliver and Robb, whom I love to pieces, but got a peek at my own amazing 4 grandchildren besides!! Thanks for always including them on your posts...we have to get Cali blogging!!!!

Gramyflys said...

And one more thing, I am so sorry to hear about your sweet Aunt Tammy. I know your heart is hurting, as you Earls are such a wonderful, close-knit family. You are all in our prayers.

Angelique said...

I was laughing through this entire post because of the cute stories..you're great story-teller. Let us know when their games are...we would love to come!

Adri said...

Those mountains seriously make me miss Utah. Awesome photos!

FiddleWiz said...

ADORABLE!!!!

AJ said...

I know I love baseball season. This is the second time that Jeff and I have coached. This year we have 18 kids on our team. I will post pictures hopefully this weekend. Since we are coaching I have forgotten the camera the last 2 games. It is all I can do to keep the kids knowing where they are playing, who's up to bat next and what's the score. I do have some smaller baseball pants I can send so let me know. I would be happy to pop them into an envelope and send them to you. Andrea andrea.d.jewkes.gpwn@statefarm.com

vjc said...

Love these pictures and these kids.