Friday, May 16, 2008

tanks

Oliver loves tank tops. He loooooovvvvees them. Well when he was two and chubby I let him wear them. They looked so cute. But now as he is about to turn 5, he is getting too old. Every time we are at a store he will pull out a camo tank top and say, I wish we could buy this. I told him that tank tops aren't allowed at our house any more. Needless to say this has been a little bit of a disappointment to him. Now I don't want to sound like a mean mom that won't let her kid wear tank tops...but he was wearing them non stop and I had to draw the line. For him it is all or nothing. Anyways, today we were sitting on the couch folding laundry and he said...

"mom do you remember that the Lamanites wore tank tops? The probably just cut the sleeves off of their clothes."

I can just see his brain working trying to find a way out of not being able to wear tank tops. And he is right the Nephites and Lamanites do show a lot of arms. But...my answer is still no.

1 comment:

lanita said...

I have to give Oliver credit....that was very creative indeed! Their minds just fascinate me. You'll have to let me know how you like The Host, and are you just counting down the days until August? I tried to find you on goodreads, but for some reason couldn't. Maybe you'll have better luck finding me? I too would love to see what you're reading!