Tuesday, February 26, 2008

they say it's your birthday

So yesterday was my birthday. I always feel weird on my birthday. When I was younger I would look forward to my birthday all year. Sam would wake up before me and play me a birthday song on our tape player so I could wake up (I would plan this all in advance and make sammy do it...hahaa). Now that I am older...I think I feel a lot of pressure on my birthday to have a great day...and I know all of my peeps feel pressure too, to make sure I have a good day.

Yesterday I slept in and at 9:30 Cort came in with toast (that was all I wanted). Then the kids came in so excited that it was the big day. Oliver remembered drawing pictures for me last year and wanted to make sure he did that again. Oliver also brought me two easter eggs...one with a nickel in it and the other with Cortney's old CTR ring. He kept saying how he was the only one that got me any presents...hahaa.
i am sure cort will love me posting this note he wrote.

Then Cortney went to work and I started the day by trying really hard to get the place cleaned up. Cali and Sam (yeah) came by around 11:30 and they had a huge brown bag filled with my favorite desserts from kneaders. A fruit tart, a key lime tart, a brownie and Raspberry bread pudding. Oh YUM. Those girls really know me. Then we all headed to target (where my kids had a couple of meltdowns). Then we came home and spent the day together with our 8 kids crawling all over us. CRAZY. The kids had swimming lessons so Cali took them while Sam and I stayed home with the other kids. At 6:30 Cortney came over and we sang happy birthday and I opened my presents. We don't usually do presents. Cortney got me...7 pairs of MUCH NEEDED garments. A binder where I can compile all of my recipes. That was so thoughtful and SOOO needed. I have so many recipes in a notebook and I am always losing some of my favorites. Then he got me and 8g IPOD touch! I found this overwhelming and was so tempted to make him take it back...too expensive. But in the end I kept it. I can get gifts. Ahhh. How nice. It gets the internet and is just so cool. I have never gotten a present like this.

I really hate this picture...but I wanted one with me and my present.

After the present opening Cortney and I went and walked around the mall (I wasn't hungry yet). After the mall we headed over to the happy sumo. I love that place. It is sooooo dark though in there...honestly I can barely read the menu. It was soooo YUMMY. Then we went back to Cali's and talked for a while. It was a great day. Really really great. Oh...I also got emails and phone calls of people wishing me a happy birthday. I was sung to 7 times. My parents called from Peru, Cortney had his friends at work call and sing to me, one of my young woman posted an entry wishing me a happy birthday on her blog, and my boice crew called also. I felt SO SPOILED.

11 comments:

Camille said...

Happy Birthday to you....consider this 8 times being sung too. Now imagine we are all in our old apt. singing away for your birthday! :)
BTW- I love checking your blog, your boys are so cute.
-Camille

lanita said...

Happy Birthday, Ash! I'm glad you had a great day. And that ipod is swwweeeettt!

vjc said...

Happy Birthday to You. Happy Biiirthdaaay to You. Happy Birthday dear Ashhhleeeey. Happy Birthday tooo Yoooouuu!!

Myca said...

Your hubby did a good job! Happy Birthday...you are so beautiful...

amber said...

ash I wanted all year to remember your birthday (you know how I am with birthdays, I always have to think real hard for my kids and especially sean's) any ways I would think, okay, ash's b-day is in like 3 days and then 2 days, and then on the 25th I just sat around bored, I totally could have called-but whatever I love you so much and miss you everyday and don't you only feel like 18 not 28!!!!!!

Jared said...

Happy B-Day, Ash!
I hope Cortney gave you a spanking for every year of your life...oh, wait...that would be more of a birthday present for him, wouldn't it. Either way, Happy B-day! : P

Jared-

Laura Lei said...

Happy Birthday. I too sat around bored on the 25th...and I remembered just the day before that it was going to be your birthday. Sorry, I'm a crappy friend. I wish I could have been there. It sounds like you had a great birthday.

Ohh...and sweet Ipod.

Angie said...

just add me to the list of people who love you!!

khepworth said...

Ashley-glad to hear you had a great birthday! Cort sure is a good husband and a funny one at that. Regarless if he has warts or not.

mumovearls said...

Happy Late Birthday! Love you Lots-n

mumovearls said...

Happy Late Birthday! Love you Lots-n