Friday, February 22, 2008

scripture power

I have never ever been that consistent in reading my scriptures every day. uchhh. I know I should do better. This week alone I read 3 books. So really....I clearly have the time. So starting off slow this year I really wanted to start reading EVERY night with my children. We have been reading the one that has like nine pictures per page with a couple of sentences under each picture. I have been doing really good and not missing nights. Oli has so many questions...I can't believe how old he is and how interested in the scriptures he is. On Wednesday I was at young women's (ice skating...yuck) when Oli went to bed so cortney read to him a scripture story out of a different book because he didn't know where we left off. All night long Oli kept waking up and coming in my room "we forgot to read the scriptures". It was totally annoying that he kept waking up but, at the same time I loved it because...come on....how cute is that. Then last night we were reading about Enos. Rob said "penis...hahaaaa" I told him no "Enos" and he just burst out laughing. Everytime I read "Enos" he would laugh hysterically. boys....

some pictures from a couple of weeks ago just because I haven't taken any forever.
Oli has been posing for pictures his whole life...he knows how to make himself look "cool".
Rob on the other hand doesn't pose AT ALL. He IS too cool for that. This one here is just how he looks a lot of the time...frustrated over something...or ANYTIME we are at a store.

Here is his best attempt at a happy face picture

5 comments:

emily said...

Ash, Oli is starting to look so much like you to me. Which is funny because he was SO TOTALLY Cortney's mini when he was little. Such handsome boys, those Boices. Dang we miss you!

KAMBRIA and MATT said...

Cute. I love the scripture story.

Berta said...

THANKS for the LAUGH . . .I'm still laughing - Bob is in the other room wondering, 'what's so funny!' It's actually reading the story and looking at Oli's picture that's a gut buster! Ohhhhh man! Way to go mama - you'll NEVER be sorry for reading those scriptures to the kids AND STARTING NOW, not later. A+ in the scripture reading catagory!
Luv
MaBerta

mumovearls said...

"Enos" I guess it does sound like "....." that is hilarious! that is something my boys would have come up with! ps. they are So handsome! love you-n

Evan said...

Cort & Ash - you guys have such cute kids! I hope my wife and I have cute kids. Our first (a girl) is due this April and am so excited!