Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Crazy crazy weekend.

So...I had the craziest weekend.

For the last week or so I had a little bladder infection. I know...to much information. But it is a critical part of my story. I was taking cranberry pills and praying that I would get better. On Wednesday I felt better. Thursday morning I woke up feeling a little weird...achy...like I was getting the flu. Cortney found out they weren't working that day and so we decided that we would get an early start on our weekend trip to Rexburg. Griffin (Cort's bro)and Katrina wedding was on Saturday.

So I got packed and ready and we got on the road about 4 p.m. The roads were horrible. It took us forever to get to Rexburg. When we were going through the Malad pass there were 5 foot drifts across the freeway. Probably about 20 minutes after we were out of the pass it was closed. The whole thing was crazy. By this time I was starting to feel pretty sick...my back was hurting and I was feeling like shaky. We got to Rexburg at almost 11 p.m. We stayed this time at Ty and Nicole's, it was a lot of fun. Anyways that night I was shaking and freezing cold the whole night. I didn't sleep a wink. The next morning I got up and got ready but I was starting to get worried that the bladder infection maybe went into my kidney's. I couldn't get that out of my head. We headed up to Roberta's to hang out with the family. Here are the roads on the way up to Roberta's house. It was crazy windy.
I took this picture while Cortney was driving.

Cortney took this one later that day.


Once we got to Bob and Roberta's, I got to meet this guy...
Bodin Arensberg. He is Whitney and Schuyler baby boy. He is such a chub and it was good to finally meet him after 5 months of only seeing pictures.

Friday morning was spent at Roberta's. There were a million dogs there since everyone in the family has one. It was pretty crazy...

Here is Kina with Dotties whole head in her mouth. They were just playing...Dottie loved all of the attention. Here I am...I was feeling really sick and getting the chills so I was laying in front of the fire. Then all of the dogs came over. Drago, Dottie, and Mini are on the other side of me. I started getting worse and worse...finally Cortney and I decided I should go to the doctor. Now...this is huge because I NEVER go. If you don't count pregnancy or Rheumatoid stuff, I have been to the doctor 4 times since we have been married. But...I didn't want to have to be hospitalized...and I could feel I was heading there. So Nicole and Cortney and I jumped in the car and headed down to the Doctor. nicole in her cute new car driving us down

At the doctor, I got a prescription for an antibiotic and we were out of there (thank goodness). Once we were home I really started feeling bad. I could not warm up. I laid down on the couch and Nicole covered me up with like 6 blankets, she got me all tucked in and everything (and she kept making me drink all night). Then hours on end passed without me knowing it. Roberta would come over and check on me ( I got so much great mothering...it was wonderful), then she got out the hairdryer and would heat up underneath the blankets. It really helped...but I was pretty much delirious the whole evening. Meanwhile while I am passed out on the couch, the roads to Driggs (where the wedding is) were closed. Katrina was in Driggs and Griffin was in Rexburg. Everyone was pretty stressed out, hoping there was going to be a wedding.

That night I slept much better (nyquil...I love you). In the morning though everyone (ty, nic, cort, and the kids...oh and dottie) were in the room checking on me and I was dry heaving and shaking really bad. Tyler and Cort gave me a blessing. I felt seriously so bad...the only thing I can relate it to was before I got my appendix out....I was young but I remember. Pain, and nausea...ohh.
Here I am Saturday morning...curled up trying to stay warm...so sick (I probably lost 5 lbs over the weekend).

We were supposed to have the wedding Saturday but the roads were still closed. So we went to plan B. And they started planning for a Sunday wedding. This meant that they would have to change LOCATIONS (stress) amid many other things I am sure but didn't hear or worry about since I was in a sweaty daze the whole day. What I do know about the trip was that I didn't really see my kids much. Cortney must have had them.
Tyler spent the morning digging out around their house so the basement hopfully won't flood.

So I know this post is getting long....hang in there.

Sunday came...I woke up at 8:30 and I felt Okay. Not great but okay. We got ready and headed up to Driggs for the wedding. The new location was Warbird Cafe. Beautiful place.
Here we are waiting for the ceremony.


This picture is during the ceremony...I love how Oli is just looking right at his dad. And he is sitting all alone. Where am I you ask??? Look in the back by the window. Rob was being too loud to sit in the front. Of course. Weddings are lovely for me because I am almost always alone with the kids because Cortney is off taking pictures. Sigh...poor me. hahahaa.

Grif and Katrina during the ceremony. She looks so happy.
Cort took this picture while the moms were giving them advice...they are a really loving couple. I think this one is sweet because they didn't know they were being photographed.
All of the Boice family...we were all there...I think??? We are a big group.

This is pretty much how Rob was during the whole reception. I love the whole no nap thing.

Grif and Katrina dancing.

Here the are in the freezing Driggs out doors. I love this picture. (I don't really know how to edit so...that is my disclaimer...or should I say Cortney's...)


We left the wedding around 6:00 p.m. This time we had about 5 hour drive since we were coming from Driggs. Both kids fell asleep within 5 minutes of being in the car and we all settled in, I was so happy they were sleeping and thought they woulds sleep the whole way. BUT NOOOOO I had to go to the bathroom in Idaho Falls and they both woke up. The watched movies the rest of the way but when we got to Draper they were losing it and Rob was SCREAMING. I was feeling sick again and had the chills and Cortney was just plain tired. It was a long day. I was so glad to be back. We love love love Rexburg....but this trip was a pretty hard one.


Ps... my parents are in PERU and my brother is in PARAGUAY.


I meant to write but the night was getting late....I FEEL TOTALLY BETTER NOW. I feel great. THANK GOODNESS.

6 comments:

Laura Lei said...

I was just thinking...you might have a kidney stone. When a kidney stone is blocking your urinary tract, it causes nausea and extreme pain. Ultimately, it feels like a UTI but isn't. If you start having a lot of pain in your lower back, go to the hospital. They can give you painkillers, plus a CAT scan to determine if it is a kidney stone. The pain will sometimes subside, but if you haven't passed the stone it will come back full force.

Man, I am sounding like Debbie Downer. On a more positive note, the pictures are beautiful. I love weddings.

lanita said...

That sounds just dreadful. Are you feeling any better yet? I hope it's not a kidney stone! Hang in there girl!! As for the book....it is sad but not as bad as The Kite Runner--did you read that? It ends somewhat happy. It's definitely one I won't forget. And that syringe thingy is called a BD Safe Clip. I had Walgreens order me one, and it was all of $4. It holds something like 1500 needles. Pretty sweet huh. I fill up my Sharps Container fast too. This is great.

ashleyboice said...

Thanks girlies for your concern. I feel way better. Almost 100 percent. I was even getting down at the wedding and dancing all over the place. Just kinda weak from not eating for like a week.

Allison said...

You poor girl! I've HAD that kidney infection and it is HORRIFIC! I can't believe you had to be on the road and in someone else's house... all I wanted to do was curl up in my bed and die! The throwing up was terrible and the shakes and chills...oh I remember too well! You didn't mention the pain of peeing....like knives! I'm glad you went to the dr. and got meds...and glad you're on the mend! I still take a cranberry pill a few times a week just as a precaution to never go there again!

I love the winter wedding pics!

amber said...

hey ash that sucks that you were so sick, escpecially for a wedding, if your anything like me you love a good family wedding,(and we're both running out of relatives that are single) anyways I kinda know how you feel I just had strep and I wasn't a pretty picture.

Angelique said...

How awful! Sorry you were SO sick. I love the drifting snow pictures. I miss the days of high snow on the sides of the road!