Monday, February 18, 2008

Oh happy day

So it has been no secret to us that our house had electrical problems when we moved into it. A lot of the houses in our subdivision have the same problems. I don't know why...I guess the builder (60 years ago) didn't wire the houses very well. Anyways...we had a whole bunch of necessary electrical repairs when we bought the house (the kind of repairs you get so your house doesn't explode in the night from bad wiring). Something that they didn't fix or couldn't figure out (and it wasn't a death risk so we just left it) was the light and outlets in the front room. They didn't work. So 1 1/2 years we have been using a little lamp as a light in the front room. Also the porch light didn't work. It was pretty bad. On Saturday Todd and Tiffany came over to help Cortney with some stuff in the basement ( I wish I took pictures). AND.......TODD FIXED THE LIGHT! I screamed really loud when he turned it on, and woke up their baby. I was so excited and couldn't wait for night to come so I could see what our house looked like with that light working. Needless to say it was a very very happy day around here. Then to top things off Todd added a light and plug in in the laundry room. Yes, I have been doing laundry for 1 year in darkness. Ahhhhh. What a happy day.

We are getting so far on the room. The put in insulation yesterday...there was NONE before. I will try to take pictures some day.

5 comments:

Scott & Tami said...

That is rockin'!!! Aren't you stoked to get some more space?!!! I can't wait until we can put in insulation...maybe a week or two...too bad we can't just work on it everyday all day....then it would get done so much faster!!!

Anonymous said...

take pictures now give the kids a kiss love mom

mumovearls said...

about the potty training- you think I should get rid of hendrix's bottle if I potty train her? I have tried 3 times to get rid of the bottle and she keeps getting it back I just can't break her! She know what she wants too! oh hum. I guess it's time... nena

Berta said...

Man, everyone is either in the building or remodeling mood . . . YOU, Cameron, Tyler & Nicole & Heather and Brian ! ! ! ! Niccccceeeeeeee & congrats on the new light.

vjc said...

great progress. Can I borrow your electrian? faulty wires are scary at my house too.