Wednesday, February 27, 2008

something in the way he moves

So Sam has been here this week and it has been so fun having her around. Her babies are starting to get big. It looks crazy now when she holds both of them because they are not newborns anymore.

While she is here we watched Across the Universe.
I know that there are a lot of mixed reviews about this movie. And...there is a little nudity (one boob is showing while someone sleeps). But I absolutely loved it. The whole first half of the movie I could barely breathe and my heart was beating so hard. Oh I love the Beatles. The Beatles music is the soundtrack to my childhood. My dad would sit at the piano and play and sing. He had the sheet music to just about every song.

In this movie there were a lot of crazy drug songs. But I loved it...the singing was great. And...
This guy...Jim Sturgess...did such a great job. To me there is hardly anything better than a cute guy from England singing Beatles songs.
He really did an amazing job...and might (and by might I mean DEFINITELY) have landed himself in my top 5.

So I am going to go out on a limb...and say I loved this. I love musicals though. The music was awesome. There were of course some parts...that were definitely PG-13. But still so good.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I was curious about this movie. I think I'll have to watch it when it comes out on DVD (I don't make it to the movies much anymore!). Whenever I hear Beatles songs, I always think of you. For real! I know you've always loved that music.

Supercords said...

I rented this awhile back and loved it too. If you haven't seen Once yet, you should hurry and do so.

ckweller said...

I am a HUGE Beatles fan and now I am a huge fan of this movie. The main actor in it is really dreamy and I think he has made it into my top 5 as well!

vjc said...

Ya know when i was an early teen way back I gave My fairly new brother-in-law, a big book of beatles sheet music. Maybe I helped with that childhood music. I'd like to think a little maybe.
smile and Happy birthday!