Saturday, February 14, 2009

my valentine's

I am not usually a real fan of valentines day (or overly cheesy blog posts about my loved ones) . This year with me being sick put it in a totally different perspective for me. As I type Cortney is in the kitchen with my boys making decorated sugar cookies out of the refrigerated dough he bought at the store yesterday. He thought it would be something fun for them to do for V day. I am sorry but, hearing your husband take care of your kids while you (me) are writhing around in pain is about as romantic as it gets in my book. All three of my boys have been taking care of me and loving me non stop.

Yesterday I told rob I was hungry. He ran up stairs and brought me down a bowl full of crackers, cheese, and meat. All by himself. What a big boy...and how loving is that? Rob just now came in and screamed..."mom I made cookies for you and decorated them....with SPRINKLES".

Oliver has been so sweet too. Every time he passes by he has to tell me he loves me and gives me a big hug. He has been refilling my water cup and getting me as many kleenexes as I need.

I am really lucky and so grateful for my valentine's.

4 comments:

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Ash I love you wish I were there too. What great boys you have (all3)
LOVE MOM

Cali said...

Cortney is the best...better let him snuggle you more.

cort said...

Amen to that Cali! We do it all because we love our little Boobah. I hope you get better sometime this year!

Berta said...

That's about the sweetest thing!

Get better, Ash!