Tuesday, January 06, 2009

New Years Eve and a million photos

Sorry beware so many pictures on this post. But they are all so hilarious and typical that I have to have them preserved for the eternities...in my blog book.

Last year at new years Cortney programed his camera to take a sequence of 10 photos to record what we were doing at midnight. It turned out funny so this year we did the same.

For the Eve of New Years we didn't have much going on...Joey was sick and everyone else seemed to still be out of town. Cali and I decided we would still get together even if it was just the 4 of us. We sat around sans makeup in pj's and ate fried foods and sipped hot cocoa, along with some gourmet popcorn that was given as a gift to Joey. We played some games and had a pretty fun time. My favorite though was the photo capture of the new year.

We just sat around until we heard the camera clicking and then we would jump in the frame.
the first time the camera went off we were not quite ready. I love Joey getting up in the back round...oh and notice it is like 10 minutes to midnight (yes we did our happy new years 10 minutes early)...we were ready to get the show on the road and go home. Joey was so tired.
Cali hears the clicking and tries to jump in...
Along with some cheesy faces and poses (we can't help this stuff it must be genetic)
Then here I come...and we start the crazy chicken dance elbows. Dad would be proud.
Then Cortney comes in. I love it when he does stuff like this...(it isn't so much in his genetics...but it has rubbed off on him somehow over the past 10 years)
Let me tell you about the puff paint shirt Cortney is wearing. He found it earlier that day at Savers...it is a total grandma shirt...he says it is his "celebration" shirt. Any which way it is awesome...and I think he wore it for 3 days straight.
This time we tried starting in front of the camera. Cali being some sort of gangster.

Look at me leap. Amazing. And of course Cali never breaks out of character.

Okay last try...this time we will be ready when it goes off.
or maybe not...but here is Joey trying to push Cali into the picture
haha




Oh man...I can't believe I am posting these crazy face pictures. Oh well...this is my life...it really isn't glamorous.
Heaven knows what Cortney is doing here with his hands. Karate moves of some sort. And lastly a nice group picture.


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

12 comments:

Kacey Nielsen said...

haha. that was a great laugh I just enjoyed. thanks!

Cali said...

Wow, who is that gorgeous blonde? JK...the sad part is, Ash and I both knew we looked horrible, but we just didn't care.

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

LOVE IT MISS YOU!!!LOVE MOM

Melissa B. said...

You guys are so funny!

::lindsay said...

This cracked me up! Love it.

camery said...

I'm coming out as a blog stalker for this one. I literally laughed out loud. What a fun idea! Happy New Year!
Camery

Kreanna said...

Love it!!! ROFL!

Supercords said...

This brings back memories of last year when I participated in the 10 second photo spree in Mazatlan. Good times.

Angelique said...

hahahahah...

Samantha said...

That was hilarious. I totally was just laughing outloud.

AJ said...

You guys totally crack me up! I miss hanging out with you as you are a lot of fun to be with and these pictures are proof of that. Keep this for your children when they get older and tell you that you are not fun to be with. This is proof they are wrong.

Kim said...

This is why I love you guys so much. It makes me happy just looking at the pictures.