Thursday, June 12, 2008

wrap up...

So I haven't posted since I have been back. I think it is hard to get back into the swing of things after something as life changing as the passing away of someone you love. But...I am breaking my silence. As many know my Aunt passed away unexpectedly last week. It was a big shock for our family. Samantha, Justin, the twins, my two boys and I (sheesh that is a lot of people) all packed up in Sam's van last Wednesday and headed to Moses Lake. 12 hours. The kids were AWESOME. My boys had headphones on...the big ones that cup over your whole ear and they just watched TV the whole way. Even when they weren't watching shows they were so good. The twins were also just perfect. I on the other hand was soooo close to throwing up for a couple of hours (I don't know what that was all about!) but after it was over we had a blast.

Highlights of the drive home:

I gave Robbie a SPICY WASABI SOY almond...then his face got all red and he said in a super LOUD growl "THAT'S TOO SPICY" It was so funny. His voice seriously sounded like a man's. It was awesome.

My bro and sis and I played would you rather for seriously the whole trip. It was so dang funny. We thought up some pretty horrible things.


Once we got home (11:00 p.m.) my parents were there...they came from Peru. It was surreal seeing them. What? How strange. It was AWESOME though (and a little heart breaking...it was hard to say goodbye again).

Thursday morning we hit Wal-mart a must when you are visiting Moses Lake. Seriously there is nothing like Moses Lake Walmart to make you feel like the MOST BEAUTIFUL person in the world. There are a lot of interesting people walking around in there.

Then it was to my grandma's house. Some ladies from the Spanish branch brought all of the family some awesome mexican food. It was so good to see all of my uncles and aunts, even in the sad circumstance. I headed over to my aunt Tami's house (her house is across the driveway). A lot of my cousin's were over there. I don't even know where to start...I love my cousin's...like a lot. Something I really thought about a lot on this trip is that we weren't raised like your average cousins. We were raised as brother's and sister's. They are my FAMILY. I KNOW THEM. It hurts to be apart and hardly ever see them now. Anyways back on track...we were all talking and laughing. It was great.

Later that evening was the viewing. Another loud get together. I don't know ANY family that is louder than the Earl family. Man by this point in the weekend I had TOTALLY lost my voice. Too much talking.

Friday morning came the funeral. It was the best funeral I have been to...no offense to the other funerals I have been to. My Uncle Tom spoke and then all of Tami's kids, and then my Dad. I cried and cried and laughed and laughed. So appropriate for my aunt. Perfect. The rest of they day was filled with luncheon, family, cookies, family, Rob getting a fever, food, and then in the evening a little dancing. Tom put on some Supremes (Tami's favorite) and we got down. It was the first dance I have been to where people were crying and grinding and bootie shaking. It was awesome.

I also got to see my cousin Mitch. He lives in New York and it has been FOREVER since I have seen him. Mitch was seriously like my best guy friend my senior year of high school. It was really good to talk to him...and it made me really miss him.

It was the MOST exhausting couple of days I have had FOREVER. It made me feel loved. It made me think a lot about Heaven, and this life and test that we are trying to pass. It made me feel so grateful to be surrounded by people that love every part of me...and will always no matter what. I felt grateful for the gosple, and that I know what happens after death.
this is a picture I stole from Nena's blog...this is my family. They really are the best...no offense to all you other families out there.



We also had book club this week...awesome and amazing. Plus Samantha was here for it so that made it even better.

Summer time is here but it has been pretty cold (cortney had to wear long johns under his pants yesterday!). Cali and I were really worried about finding things to do but it has been crazy so far.

Here is a lot of what we have going on...our boys are getting so old. They are crazy. Luckily we make them play outside most of the time. (the are indiana obsessed right now)

I had to post this funny picture I TOOK...of course it is out of focus. But Cortney was helping out at practice. He was drinking a milkshake and talking on the phone the whole time...it was funny. Not to mention his tinsy spiderman hat.

2 comments:

Camille said...

Ashley- welcome home. What a week. Sorry to hear about your aunt- but so happy for you that the entire week had good memories, an amazing tribute, and family.

Heather said...

Hey Ash!
I went home for Clark's graduation last week and I heard about Tami. I am so sorry! I didn't know her very well but she was always smiling and laughing and I know that your entire family was so close to her.

I took cinnamon rolls over to your parents house with my mom and I was hoping to see you, but you were all at your grandma's. Anyway I'm so sorry again that you lost your aunt and friend.

I have been blog hopping lately and it's been so fun to catch up to you and Amber and Lanita and so many others! You are absolutely GEORGEOUS as always and your boys are SO handsome. I'm glad you are doing so well.

I think of you every time I drive home to ML.. and we pass that big cement factory in OR.. It reminds me of when you, me and Amber rolled down the windows in the middle of the winter and had a "freeze out!" to wake ourselves up. anyway.. good times.

Heather (Perrins)