Friday, June 13, 2008

two other things

Rob is in a bed now and not in a crib. He and Oli have been sharing a room and he has taken over the top bunk. The past 3 nights in a row the boys have both silently come in and slept on our floor. This happens sometime after I am well asleep. I don't know what they are doing or why. When I ask Oli he says it is all Rob...somehow I doubt that.

Today I was talking to Oliver about Mom's and how important our job is. He was wondering why girls were the ones that had babies and why girls were the ones that stayed home with them. I asked him if daddy knew how to cook anything and he said "just cereal" he thought it was so funny that dad didn't know how to cook. He said "all grown ups know how to cook...not just mom's...cause grandpa doug always cooks". I told him that was true grandpa doug can cook but that doesn't change the fact that dad knows how to pour cereal and that is about it....oh he can heat up hot pockets too. Then he and I looked at pictures of him when he was little, man I miss that little man.
Oliver was kinda sad when he saw this picture because he really misses that coat and those shoes. That boy gets so attached to clothes the whole growing out of them is devastating for him.


Then I saw this picture of Rob...man babies are hard. It kinda made me get all hot and feel a little panicked. It has been so long, it will be a real wakeup call to have a baby again. In comparison to my two boys who can fend for themselves a lot of the time. And by the way No, I am not pregnant...just in case (nena).

4 comments:

mumovearls said...

hahaha! ya your funny! Ash seriously are you getting a little baby hungry? this is the second time you have brought it up... my baby cup is full from holding all the babies last weekend.-Nena

mumovearls said...

ps I really love that Rob, he was so funny to talk to when we went on our trip to do errands- give him a kiss from me-n

Scott & Tami said...

Aren't families the best....I can't believe how big your family is(I guess I can...there are so many EARLS!!!)....I blew up that photo of everyone...it was fun to see people I haven't seen in years.....you have the cutest little boys!!!

Ike and Linh Earl said...

Hey Ashley! How are you and everything? I miss the boys! I miss rob calling me Yinh! :)