Thursday, June 19, 2008

rut

Man...I feel like I have nothing to say.

Cali and I took the kids swimming a couple of days ago. It was actually pretty fun.

First though...we got right up in the morning, got the kids dressed in swim suits. Got their double swim diapers on (a new utah rule...disposable and a cloth swim diaper are required at all pools). Got them all in the car and buckled which is quite a thing with 6 kids. We got to Lehi, made it across the parking lot...only to find out they didn't open until 1:00 p.m. Try to explain that to 6 kids. Cali and I frantically called around to other pools, they also opened later, due to swim lessons. Ahhhhhh. Well we got them home without too many tantrums and headed back a couple of hours later. At the pool they made us get out and stand around the pool for 15 minutes every HOUR AND A HALF. It is another new rule...it is supposed to encourage potty breaks. We had a really bad outbreak of sick kids in utah last year (crypto something or other) from kids pooping in the pool and people drinking the water. Awesome.

I found this picture of Rob tonight. Cortney somehow didn't take any pictures of him when he had to be in the baby tanning bed. He is such a cute boy. My mom in law had sent me these years ago and I forgot all about them.


In this one he looks just how he looks now. His cheeks are seriously out of control. They bounce so much. When we were in mexico random strangers would have to reach down and touch his cheeks to see if they were for real.
i love them.

5 comments:

scrambled brains said...

Rob is such a cute baby--his cheeks are still the same!:)

::lindsay said...

2 diapers and have to get out for 15 min. every 1 1/2 hrs? Crazy! But then I read how everybody got sick. That made me want to gag.

Rob was so cute. I love cheeks on babies.

Kacey Nielsen said...

Those are some crazy pool rules. But Lindsay is right... poo water is pretty much as gross as it gets.

What a beautiful little boy! Makes you wonder why they ever have to get any bigger...

Earl Family said...

Ash- come swimming at my house. It is not as nice, but I won't make you get out every 30 minutes. That is crazy!!!

FiddleWiz said...

Cute pics!!

And yes, crypto was HORRIBLE!! I got it and didn't recover for 10 months :(