Friday, June 20, 2008

9 years

Yesterday was our 9 year anniversary.  Wow.  It has flown by so fast, and yet feels like forever.   When I think of who we were when we got married,  and how old we were, I can't believe it.  I think of all the hard work we have put in over the years, and also all of the great times we have had.  When I see young twenty somethings going to school and going around and having fun, worrying about things 2o somethings should worry about...it really makes me think about all of the hard hard work at being an adult,  I had put in at their age.   Of course I wouldn't have it any other way.  I remember thinking though "how am I old enough to be married???  I am just a kid". Hahaa.  

Cortney is gone left this morning on a fishing trip with his friends from work.  I miss him.  It is crazy how much a part of my everything he is.  How dependent we are of each other.  He is my best friend for sure, my family.  Oh man it takes me a long time to fall asleep when he isn't here. I am so grateful for these past nine years.  And I can't wait for him to get back.  

7 comments:

Berta said...

Ash, I hope Cort was home to celebrate before taking off! Tell us 'what you did' . . . and please don't tell us you were home with the boys!?!*%

::lindsay said...

Happy 9 years! You guys are one terrific family.

Christensen's said...

Congratulations! I thought five years was a long time! I hate it when Jed is gone too. If you ever need someone to come over, we are just around the corner. I always make my sister come and stay with me when Jed is gone because I freak myself out everytime!

Kim said...

Nine years! That's a long time. I agree, being married to someone great is the absolute best. I wouldn't have had it any other way. Congrats...you guys have always been such a cute, fun couple.

KATE (QUINN) SCHROEDER said...

Wow, 9 years already? Congratulations, guys! Your family is amazing and we hope to see you again sometime in the NEXT 9 years...hahaha it's been way too long!

Angie said...

the other day the brandy/monica hit "the boy is mine" came on my itunes and i thought of you...I think you said you used to sing it about you and this other girl that were both dating courtney....

ashleyboice said...

so funny about the monica/brandy song. That is so our song. I wish I heard it more often.