Monday, June 23, 2008

handy man

Today I ran all over town trying to get ready for Oliver's Birthday tomorrow.  We were going to go to the Dinosaur museum but for Cali's family and  mine to get in is like 100 bucks.  That seemed like a real waste of money so I decided we would just have a party instead.  The crazy and stressful part of that for me is how many cousin's Oliver has here. I would love for him to have a party with like 4 other boys here.  But with cousins and Rob that is nine more kids.  Yikes that seems like a lot of people for a little boy's birthday.  

Cortney and I stopped by Toy's R Us during Cortney's lunch break (only 1 hour after I woke up for the day....poor boy) and we picked Oliver out a bike.  Cortney I swear was cringing the whole time because he swore our kids would never have dept. store bikes (after like a million years working at a bike shop).   He settled on a tony hawk one (as everyone knows he is a skateboarder so it is kind of random that he has a bike line) that was a little nicer than the base spiderman one.  

Cortney got hit today by his first golf ball ever.  Someone hit off the tees with a driver and hit cortney super far away in the ankle!   It is swollen all huge...poor guy.  I am so surprised it took him this long to get hit.  It is a real danger of the job.  

Anyways I stopped at a party store after Toys R us because Oliver is having a Indiana Jones party and I was looking for fedora's.  (stay tuned for pictures tomorrow)  And when I went to leave my car wouldn't start.  Cortney showed up a couple of minutes later with a tool box and had me back on the road lickity split (I would never ever say that in real life so it is funny for me to put it on here).   He had to tighten up the battery terminals or something like that.  It made me so thankful for him...I am always amazed when he knows how to fix things.  

Well that is all for right now...I have a pyramid cake to make and a treasure hunt to plan.  Hopefully I will post some pictures of the party tomorrow. 

Grandma Aha....Your package for Oli came today in the mail.  You are awesome...he can't wait to open it, he keeps saying it is the first thing he is going to open.  Hahaa. I love you. 

Mom...the bike is mostly from you.  Oliver doesn't think he is getting it so that should be fun.  We will call you guys tomorrow afternoon.  


1 comment:

mumovearls said...

hit by a golf ball? owwwie... poor courtney...
sounds like a good party!-n