Tuesday, June 24, 2008

indiana

So today we had our Indiana Jones inspired party.

First the cake...

Cortney didn't get a very good picture of the cake...no offense. But you really can't tell just how cool it was. I especially love the boulder rolling down.

As I wrote yesterday I looked all over town for fedoras...well I found these for 50 cents. And let me tell you they were a hit. Most of the kids loved them. Rob took it so seriously and has been wearing his for the last 8 hours. Here we are starting our treasure hunt. Oh...and I also wanted to say that it isn't a coincidence that me and my boys are wearing camo...it is Indy inspired.


Brooklyn found the second clue.


Then they had to swing over the "jungle" and head on to the next place.
Zac really can swing.


Oli (all of their hats would fly off while swinging)

Rob. Please note how serious Jack looks. He is obsessed with Indiana Jones. He was doing like rolls in the grass and stuff during the treasure hunt.


The next clue led us down the street to the secret passage way...and then back home. The hint said they had to make it back without being rolled over by the boulder...Cali and Cortney were waiting in the backyard with all of the balls I could find and they were throwing them at the kids dodge ball style. It was so funny because really was trying to hit them and kept missing. Finally she hit little Eliza in the back of the head and she turned around looking like "why would you hit me??". I loved it. They ended up finding a treasure chest full of candy rocks and gummy snakes.

All Oliver wanted to do was open his presents.

A car launcher from Grandma Aha...this is the gift he chose to open first. He loved it.


A Indiana Lego set from Cali and KaeLynn. Man he was in heaven.
I just noticed that all three boys have their hats on backwards, weird.


Then the moment came when he got his biggest present. A bike from grandma Connie and Mom and Dad.
This was his reaction "what??? I wanted a two wheeler."


Still looking pretty disappointed.


Once he realized that this bike was a two wheeler with training wheels he changed his mind. This is his first bike so he will have a little learning to do. He has been riding it all day though and is convinced that he is ready to take the training wheels off. He loves the way it looks and that it is Tony Hawk...means everything to him. Annoying...I know but that is just the way the world works.

It was a great party. Ten Earl grandkids were there and my neighbor Kempton. It was a lot of kids but I think it turned out pretty great.

5 Years...they have been great everyone of them. Oliver will always be special to me because he is the baby that turned me into a mother. There really is nothing like your first. Happy birthday baby.

I will post more pictures tomorrow of all of the cute kids that were at the party. But for tonight that is enough.

11 comments:

scrambled brains said...

AWESOME party Ashley! Happy 5th Birthday Oli :)!

Earl Family said...

Ash that party was AWESOME! My kids had a blast. Zac is still talking about it. They wore their hats until swimming lessons - and then when swimming lessons were over, they put them back on until bedtime. well done. really. well done!

Kacey Nielsen said...

Uh wow. That was quite the party! Seriously, I am wwaayy impressed. Your kids are so lucky to have you!

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Good job you certainly didnt learn that from me.LOVE MOM

Berta said...

Now that is a WELL THOUGHT OUT PARTY! Pretty creative guys! I LOVED the pictures and the blow-by-blow analysis. Thanks for clearing up the 'rock' in the cake! I was going to write and ask "Why is there a golf ball in Oli's cake?" Pretty cool. THE CAKE ROCKS! That was awesome cake decorating. I felt like I was right there - THANKS SO MUCH.

Angie said...

that party looks so freakin' awesome! i love themed parties. you are amazing.

Laura Lei said...

So perfect. I love Indiana Jones. The fedoras totally made the party.

Ike and Linh Earl said...

Ash, the party looks like lots of fun, you did awesome. happy birthday oli! grace looks like she standing, she is so cute. we miss you all...
love,
linh

Angelique said...

I can't wait to have children so that I can come to these awesome parties. And an Indiana Jones Cake?! Totally awesome.

::lindsay said...

Best. Party. Ever.

mumovearls said...

wow what an Awesome Birthday party!
who made the cake? I love it! I love that they went on a treasure hunt with a rope swing and all! so Fun!
we just got back from the cabin and now we are heading to CR tomorrow- we will get caught up soon-n