Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Oremfest

I love a fair. Any fair really. They make me happy I don't know why.

Every year for the past five years Cali and I get all hyped up for Oremfest (think...springfest or really any funny little town fair). But when it finally rolls around we pack up all of our million kids and they don't want to walk or there are just too many kids or they get lost (jack and Oli a couple of years ago). This year we were trying not to get our hopes up too high, but it turns out that we finally have kids that are fun ages to go. AND NO ONE GOT LOST. Friday we packed up and went sans husbands. We walked around and really enjoyed ourselves because there was hardly anyone there. We bought some ride tickets and Cortney joined us....luckily because he took the kids on some of the rides. Cali and I get way to motion sick for any of that kind of stuff. It was a great evening. Then we let the kids pick a treat (cotton candy and Italian ice) and we headed home. It was the perfect Oremfest experience and the best one we've had in the past 5 years. (of course we didn't have a camera...sheesh)

Saturday morning Oliver had a t-ball game. He got bored if he wasn't the one getting the ball each play. But I can't really blame him because it is really slow and all of the kids really are pretty confused.

Then after a nap and hanging out we headed back to Oremfest for dinner (smoked turkey legs y'all...yuuummm) and the parade. We had a couple of tickets left over so we did that too. Then we joined the Emigs and Justin and Angelique for the parade (Cali and I had put out blankets 30 hours before!...he we are serious about this). It took forever to start it seemed but we had a great time.
The kids stood down by the road so they could get candy. It was nice because they are older now and it was just adults and grace on the blanket. Rob would be by the boys but would run back to me anytime there was a gunshot (war re-enacters) or a clown or anyone with a scary mask on. Any time they got a flyer from someone in the parade they would be SOO excited and run and tell us something like "look I can take karate".

beautiful grace drinking her bottle. She has a bonk on her head from walking into a door.
And no she doesn't have a sunburn, she is just hot.


we all did a lot of screaming, yelling and waving...the kids did a lot of the rock on sign...trying to be cool.

CC seeing something awesome. Probably one of the beauty queens, she kept saying they were cinderella.


My absolute favorite float. It was awesome to see these "older" people dressed up as royalty. I screamed so loud for them. And Cortney ran faster than I have seen him run in a long time to get down there to get a picture. So cute.


Here Rob is getting picked up by a fireman clown. I have never EVER seen him so scared in his life. His face just went slack when he saw who was picking him up. He thought it was Ronald McDonald.


Oliver and his DIRTY face telling me he isn't getting a lot of candy and that Jack and Tyson are getting more than him. Must be hard. But by the look of his sticky dirty face I am sure he got plenty. By the way I get this look from him all the time.

Here are some pictures from the rides.

Oliver and Rob on the motorcycles. It amazes me how old these rides are.
They really are having fun I promise.

Me waiting for them to get out of the Indiana Jones fun house (it is still just the same old creepy fun house from back in my day but now it has indiana jones painted on it) My kids thought it was awesome. Notice my sandwiches and water. I only wanted to pay for cort's and my dinner. Yes, I am that cheep.

Rob coming down.

This was so funny because Cortney had to go in with Rob...because he was too scared. There is nothing like seeing a grown man, and your own boyfriend at that, slide down a huge pink slide with a scary cover over the top. I love it.


All in all a great weekend. And I can't wait for next year. AND I am going to be in Moses Lake DURING the Grant County Fair and I can't can't wait.


9 comments:

Angelique said...

I love fairs/fests, too! For some reason they are just fun..something to do outside. Thanks for inviting us, we loved it.

emily said...

I just had the very same fest, only about 2000 miles away! And not surprisingly AT ALL, the we had the VERY same rides. Only our "fun house" is still painted circa 1982. LOVE me a good town fair...

(I had the delicious salmon burger while I made my kids share a $1 hot dog)

Berta said...

OH HOW FUNNNNNNNNNNNNN! I would have loved to have been there - but your pictures make me feel like I'm there. Great pictures of the doings - especially love the fireman clown (oh how scary to a kid!). THANKS FOR SHARING.
Luv MomB

amber said...

you know the moses lake fair is the greatest fair of all time. theres only one fair where you have teenage memories of.

FiddleWiz said...

That looks AWESOME Ash! I love the pictures :) Especially Cortney on the pink slide, that is just freaking awesome.

Scott & Tami said...

We will be in Mo-Town for the fair too. We went there last year during the fair and decided to make our one yearly trip each year during the fair from now on...Scott loved the Demo Derby!!! The kids loved the rides...they went crazy loving them. Maybe we'll see you at the fair this year...or at the Demo Derby.

ckweller said...

It must be a small town thing to love a fair/carnival because I was super stoked to go to the Springville fair with my friend and when I told some Salt Lake people how excited I was they looked at me like I was crazy and asked why on earth would I want to hang out with a bunch of carnies. I mean come on nothing beats greasy carney food even if I do get heartburn for a week after eating it.

Gramyflys said...

Sure brought back some great memories for me of the Caribou County Fair in Grace, Idaho. And speaking of Grace, that picture of her drinking her bottle looks exactly like your mom!!! I think it is funny and backwards that Carolina "Jones" looks like a Christensen and Grace "Christensen" looks like a Jones!!!!I steal your pics sometimes for my files because they are so good. Hope you don't mind! Sounds like you are having a great summer..hugs to those two beautiful boys of yours from their "Gramy Emig."

Supercords said...

I am so glad you caught that shot of the scary clown with Rob. Hilarious. I laughed out loud.