Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I am so happy.

I have been wanting to journal everyday but I am too lazy.

Henry had his tongue cut and his tubes put in on October 13th.  We had to be at the surgery center at 6:30 a.m.  Cali took my kids over night so that was REALLY helpful.  It was really nice to not have to wake my kids up and then take them over to her house.  Especially since it was still dark out when we left the house.


He had to fast...but since he hardly eats a thing it wasn't much of a problem.  I on the other hand wasn't feeling too good.  It was too early for my pregnant tummy. 

It was his birthday.  Poor baby. 



These are all blurry phone pictures but they are all we have.  They took Henry away to surgery in a wagon.  It is kind of a bad feeling to see your kid wheeled away.  He was so cute all morning.  Poor little thing didn't know what was coming. 


The nurse carried him back in kicking and screaming when the surgery was over.  I couldn't believe how strong he was.  He is just like me when he is hurt.  He doesn't want anyone near him.  He just wanted to be left alone.  Unfortunately that wasn't an option.  We asked him if he wanted to go home...he said yeah, and we left.  He was much happier after that. 

I can't remember if I wrote this already or not but both ears were so infected they exploded when the doctor cut into them.  Gross.  
His doctor said he would probably feel better after the surgery then he did before.  She was right. 

He healed so well.  It really was no big deal.  He is such a good baby. 

This last week was fall break for the kids.  Since we are broke...we decided to stay home for the vacation.  I knew the kids would drive me crazy if we just stayed home so I talked Cali into going to the church history museum in Salt Lake.  

It was awesome. 

The have a kids section with all sorts of awesome displays for the kids to play with.  Add in some Senior missionary couples taking care of everything and it is pretty awesome. 

Noni

They had an awesome kitchen set up...and then a poster talking about having missionaries over for dinner.  The kids loved it. 



Here we are in front of the museum by a little log cabin. 

We then walked over to temple square.  We went in the old tabernacle and listened to them tune the organ or something.  The kids thought it was AWESOME.  Then we went over to the visitors center to see the statue of Christ.

our kids minus the babies.  Henry kept pointing to the planet earth and saying "ball"  when we left he said "bu bye ball"


The kids thought the echo in the room was awesome.  

By this point the babies had had enough.  But the big kids REALLY wanted to see the conference center.  So we headed over and instead of doing the whole tour the people there just let us show the kids the inside of the meeting hall.  Even the babies thought the meeting hall was amazing.  It really is though.  
In front of the conference center.

It was such a great day.  I couldn't believe we had never taken them before.  Our kids loved every part...not just the kids part of the museum but also the history part.  It really reminded me of when I was little because I went to a lot of church museums.  :)

It is a must do if you live around here.


In other news...my love language is ACTS OF SERVICE.

I love when someone does the dishes for me.  I love when the house is clean.  LOVE IT.

I have been nesting so bad but I can't get as much done as I would like because I have Henry to take care of all the time.  With all of these pregnancy hormones in me a messy house was making me feel like no one cared about me.  I know this isn't true but I couldn't help it.

Last night Jory was over here chatting and I told him how bad I wanted the house painted.  (that was at 10 pm mind you).  He said..."lets do it right now".  I jumped on that one and broke out the paint.  He stayed and helped us and the three of us painted our front room.  We finished a little before 1 am.  It was AWESOME.  All day today I have been sitting on my couch with the biggest smile on my face.  I can't get over how happy it makes me feel to have it done.  Seriously.

Thats all.

3 comments:

Ike and Linh Earl said...

yay! im glad you guys decided to go! how fun!! and im glad henry is doing good!

Earl Family said...

I love Temple Square.

Kim said...

I'm totally going to take Elsie up there.

Um, you forgot to mention how awesome it was to make bread for Ang and I. (It was so delish!) That had to have been the highlight of your month!