Monday, January 31, 2011

gross gory picture


Gross...I know. It was actually bigger than it looks in the picture. He did really good and ended up getting 6 staples in his head. On the way to the dr.'s he kept saying..." I am going to tell them i hate them and i am going to push them off of me...I am going to tell them they are stupid." it was so funny...he was not wanting to get a shot or stitches.

Once we got there he was actually so good. When the doctor was cleaning out his wound Rob said "I really want to say a bad word right now!". The doctor and nurse were trying so hard not to laugh...the nurse said it was one of the best things she has heard. He was so brave and thought that staples were way better than stitches. He said he wanted chubby's for his reward.

Did i mention that we had insurance for about 24 hours more when this happened. Yeah, i insurance coverage ends today. Pheewww what a blessing.

Rob was pretty nauseous in the night so i kept him home from school...but he is doing really good. Running crazy like usual.

3 comments:

Gords said...

Poor kid! I'm sure his honest comment about wanting to say a bad word made its way to the Doctor's dinner table that night. Glad he didn't act on his instinct.

Praying for you guys.

Angie said...

I am fully convinced that I was not meant to have boys. I am impressed about how calm you stay in these situations. I freak out just reading about it. :) Q is the farthest thing from a daredevil, and it's good for the blood pressure.

glad he's okay!

lanita said...

Oh Ash, that's just awful! I agree, I'm impressed with how calm you stay. I'm not so good with that kind of stuff. What's your secret?